I hope everyone had a SPECTACULAR Easter and was able to spend it with the ones you love. We spent the morning checking out the cool toys that the Easter Bunny brought Mikey. He got lots of cool stuff that makes lots of noise...yay... He really seemed intrigued by each and every toy and book, which was awesome. He hasn't stopped playing with and eating his new stuff. At noon we went to Brunch at the Patriot Club on post. We enjoyed the buffet and piano music in the company of some of our good friends. The Easter Bunny was there, so we were able to get a few pictures of Mikey sitting on his lap. We spent the rest of the afternoon napping and watching Mikey play, it was a pretty fun, low key day.
 |
| Mikey's Easter spread |
 |
| Cute baskets from NayNay |
 |
| Checkin' out the goods |
 |
| "All this is for me?!" |
 |
| "reading" his book |
 |
| I HAD to get him a soccer ball |
 |
| Probably his favorite new toy |
 |
| Ya know...just eatin' the sheep |
 |
| reading |
 |
| such a scholarly little boy |
 |
| First chocolate bunny...too bad he doesn't get to eat it! |
 |
| but he can eat the books...he's hungry for knowledge |
 |
| Tasting bunny |
 |
| "This is a very tastey bunny. Thank you, Naynay! |
 |
| Don't mind my drool...or my snot |
 |
| Twins! |
 |
| Meeting the Easter Bunny |
 |
| Is it cool if I eat him, Dad? |
 |
| "Come here...I have a secret..." |
 |
| "I'm going to eat you!!!!" |
 |
| "Nom nom nom nom" |
 |
| No big deal...just making out with the Easter Bunny |
On Friday, Mikey had his 6 month check up! He weighed in at 19lbs 4 oz and I somehow missed his height. He is perfectly proportional and has slowed down a little bit on his rapid growth, which makes me a happy camper. We are quickly running out of clothes for him to wear, so it will be nice to get more than 2 or 3 weeks out of an outfit. I think the doc said that he was in the 77-78% for height, weight, and head size. She gave him the go ahead to start eating meat and drinking juice! I think it will be fun to see him enjoy these new tastes. He also had his first 2 teeth break through on Easter morning. He went to bed toothless and he woke up with 2 little sharp nubs. Since those have cut he has chewed his hand almost raw...poor little guy!
I was kind of slack last week with Insanity due to my recovery from Tough Mudder, but I have only fallen about a half a week behind. Oh well, I think my body needed the recovery. I also found a soccer team that I can play with, but I don't think I am going to. There is apparently only 1 league in the area that is made up of 4 teams. Each team is made up of a bunch of super star wannabes that don't look like they are too far out of high school. That is a really good way for me to get hurt. I went to a practice and they wouldn't even pass me the ball. I hate this place so much...it literally has NOTHING to offer. And to make matters worse, Ft Sill has nothing to offer spouses, they don't care at all that there are no sports for us. Its really hard on me, I need to play soccer.
For my new meal this week I made creamy tortellini soup in the slow cooker. It was okay, I wasn't a huge fan and it definitely wasn't worth keeping the leftovers, it didn't heat up too well. I made an oreo ice cream cake, but we haven't eaten it yet because I don't have any whipped cream.
Brian is currently working on framing our bathroom mirror and adding a shelving unit. I'll post pictures of that when he's done.
I think that's all for now! Enjoy the pictures!
 |
| This is how he wakes up every morning |
 |
| Best buddies |
 |
| "What's inside of there?" |
 |
| Sitting on the potty...no big deal |
 |
| Avacado |
 |
| This is totally a Brian face |
 |
| He was really excited about something |
 |
| Just like Dad |
 |
| Lovin' on Scout |
Missed alot, had to get a new computer. He's darling and seems like such a happy baby :)
ReplyDelete