 |
| He can pull up from sitting to standing and balance with minimal help. He will also walk if you lead him! Walking is not too far off! AHHH! |
Well, it was quite a week! We were happy to see our good friends, Chris and Amy, this weekend. They are getting ready to come here for the course that Brian just completed so they decided to do some house hunting. It didn't take a whole lot of convincing to get them into Lauren and Brian's house. They are pretty much going to move in as soon as Lauren and Brian move out. I'm starting to think that our realty company should start paying me...since this is the second set of renters I've found them. Poor Chris and Amy drove through that big tornado cell that pretty much covered this miserable part of the country. Thankfully, they made it here safe and sound.
Friday night we had a Battalion social. It was okay...nothing great. Its a very weird situation...most of the officers wives are not living here and most of the enlisted men's wives are either significantly older (and in a completely different place in their lives) or we just don't have anything in common. Making friends is important, so I am going to continue to try, but things are looking dim. I had such a wonderful group of friends in Washington, its going to be difficult to match that experience. It seemed as though I was able to bond very quickly with everyone in our BN there and here its a struggle just to meet anyone.
While we were at the social Mikey went over to Hartley's house to play. Its so funny, she's 4 months older than him so she is developmentally ahead. She's crawling, saying a few words, and just has much better control over her body. However, she is much smaller than Mikey. She weighs about as much as he did when he was 4 months old. He is also taller than her, so when they were playing and he could reach things that she could not, so got mad! Sam said that he was good the whole time, but I have a feeling that she wouldn't tell me even if he screamed the entire time. She's just a good friend like that.
After we returned home Chris and Amy arrive and we got our drink on. We stayed up until about 4am just enjoying ourselves. Its been a while since we've done that and we definitely paid the price. It was WELL WORTH the price though. We did the same thing on Saturday night, but called it an early night at 2! It was truly a wonderful weekend and we can't wait to have them across the street from us!
We took Mikey swimming for the first time on Monday! I have been wanting to do this for about 2 months now, but something always comes up. Sure...I could have taken him on my own, but I wanted pictures! Finally, he was awake when Brian got off work and I had dinner prepared for the oven, so we got him into the pool! He seemed to like it and really loved being on his belly and kicking his feet. He DID NOT like being on his back which is really funny because on the floor he will not tolerate being on his tummy. We did about an hour in the pool and then brought him home to wash off. I immediately ordered a float for the outdoor pool and the lake this summer. Its going to be so much fun!!
 |
| What's in this stuff anyways? |
 |
| Waiting for Daddy |
 |
| Ready to go swimming! |
 |
| umm...how cute is he in his board shorts and rash guard? |
 |
| And yes...I only put the rash guard on him because I wanted him to look like a little surfer dude...it does nothing for warmth or Chlorine protection |
 |
| hmmm...not sure what to think |
 |
| "Okay...I think I think this?" |
 |
| Tummy swimmer |
 |
| "Okay...why are you putting me on my back?!" |
 |
| "GET ME OFF MY BACK!!!" |
 |
| "OMG, Mama...I almost drowned...did you see that?" |
 |
| getting dry |
 |
| "Did you see me swim, Mom?!" |
 |
| "That was so fun!" |
 |
| "Enough with the pictures!" |
 |
| "Oh man, I swallowed a lot of pool water..." |
 |
| Much better after throwing it up all over his leg |
I also took Mikey out to the park yesterday. He was being super fussy because his chompers are coming in really fast so I wasn't sure how he would do out in the sun. He was wonderful as usual. He loved watching the ducks and the fishermen. He loves to people watch (much like his mother) so we had a really good time and the weather was PERFECT.
 |
| "I'm just going to eat these since I don't have my own pair" |
 |
| No outfit is complete without milk and drool all over the face |

 |
| Checking out the duckies |
Chloe turned 11!!! I can't believe she is already 11. It seems like she is still a kitten. I had to have just been
yesterday that she was doing backflips off my bed in our house in Hunter's Landing! I always snicker when the vet tells me that she is "geriatric" because she still chases her tail, chases bugs, and pretends to be a wild hunter kitty when she goes outside. I seriously hope this cat lives forever, she is so awesome.
For my new meal of the week I cooked Southern Chicken Corn Chowder. It was really good, but its too much for a whole meal. It should definitely be served as a side. I have kind of slowed down on the amount of new recipes that I've been cooking, but that't partially because I found so many good ones to start with that I want to make them again.


As far as working out, I completed month 1 of Insanity! YAY! I am currently in the recovery week and will begin month 2 next week. I think I can see results, but I am still a long way off from where I want to be. I have dropped a pants size, but I would like to drop another and somehow remorph my upper body to fit my cute tops. If all else fails I will just get a tummy tuck and liposuction someday, haha! I'm kind of leaning towards the tummy tuck once I'm done having children anyways because Mikey left me with some lovely stretch marks that appeared about 3 days before he was born. They are by no means terrible, but with the amount of time I like to spend in a bikini, it would greatly improve my self confidence. This, of course, is YEARS down the road and would not happen until after I got my body back in shape and looking fit. Anyways, those are my ramblings. Enjoy the photos!!
 |
| Brian loves it when I take pictures of him and the cat sleeping together |
 |
| 27 Week pictures since I didn't post them last week...oops. |
 |
| He's so close to crawling that its kinda scary |
Great pics, I enjoy seeing how happy he is trying new things :)
ReplyDelete