My absence has been a good thing. It means that I have been quite busy and time is passing at a reasonable speed. I still have my eye on the prize (which is sometime this winter), but I am enjoying being in Raleigh and spending time with my family and friends. I didn't get to do Mikey's nursery quite how I had wanted it (basically everything DIY) due to our move and then just being huge and miserable. We got to Oklahoma 4 weeks before the little guy was born, so there was not much time at all for me to do art projects. Not to mention that there is literally nothing there...so my options for art supplies and projects were QUITE limited.
Since Brian wasn't supposed to leave until August our original plan was for me to move back to NC and clear everything out of my old room. We were going to transition it to a baby room and I was just going to move myself into my sister's room since she would be back at school. Well...we did change my room over...but Maddi and I have been sharing a room, something both of us have done only once in our lives and for less than a year. I'm using the closet in my old bedroom since Mikey doesn't have much to hang up, but my dresser is in Maddi's room. Thank goodness my mom made these rooms huge when the house was being built!
Anyways, with the transition of my room to Mikey's I have gotten do to do my art projects and customize his room the way I wanted to. I am thoroughly enjoying it and have even gotten a few requests for canvas paintings for other people's nurseries! It would be awesome to make a few extra bucks doing something that I truly enjoy!
From the time Mikey was born my mom has been reading him the Very Hungry Caterpillar, he absolutely loves all of the colors and illustrations! Since Pottery Barn Kids has a cute Hungry Caterpillar bedding set we decided to make that the theme of the room. I painted all of the wall art and I am going to do a lamp shade, shelf, and hang his name (which I painted). I can't wait for the room to be finished, but here are pictures in the meantime! We are also missing the bumpers, they have not arrived yet...but you can get the general idea.
 |
| Craft area |
 |
| Painted the letters white and put them outside to dry |
 |
| Sketching my picture onto the canvas |
 |
| I was originally going to put his name on the giant caterpillar |
 |
| Taped off for the dots |
 |
| I free handed everything |
 |
| Dots are done! |
 |
| Dots on the letters |
 |
| Painting number 1 = Finished! |
 |
| Success! |
 |
| Giant Caterpillar in progress |
 |
| Success! |
 |
| Number 3 = done! |
 |
| Fruit |
 |
| Fat caterpillar! |
I have also been very busy with my marathon training (Please donate to LLS!) and kickball. I have been running during the week with Christy and she has decided to fun a half marathon in Feb! I'm still going to try to twist her arm into doing City of Oaks with me though ;-) Saturdays are our team runs, we did 8 miles last weekend and 5 this weekend. I am a little bummed that my pace partners are running a different race than me, it will be lonely without them. I am very thankful to have them to train with though, even if we are running different distances now :-( We had a team Pub Run and social on Wednesday where we were rewarded with free appetizers and beers! No better way to hydrate! It was fun to socialize with my teammates outside of our weekly runs! All this running has helped take some of that extra fat off my upper thighs (left over from pregnancy) and I am hoping it stays away!
Mikey is walking like a champ. He first started taking steps at 8.5 months old, then at 9 months we had to put him on the grass to get him to walk (because hates grass and won't crawl on it). Now he walks where he wants to go. I would say he started walking more than crawling on Friday the 13th! Fun Fact: Brian and I got engaged on Friday the 13th (of June though)! He had his 9 month check up and weighed in at 22lbs and is 31 inches tall! He's super healthy and developmentally ahead (gotta brag on my baby). I haven't been taking a ton of pictures with my nice camera because I have been chasing him, enjoying him, and its too hot outside to carry anything extra.
I start a 90 day diet as well as P90X on Monday! I will post about those once they get underway!
Super cute project! It turned out really well!
ReplyDelete