So, you all know that I have been training my butt off for a Marathon in November with Team in Training. **
Please donate to LLS, as September is Blood Cancer awareness month (and I'm $355 from my fundraising goal)** I have been training quite a bit and participating in some other races as well. I recently ran the
Mid-Atlantic Super Spartan and liked it so much that I signed up for the Spartan Beast in SC. For most of my training runs and races I have been running in memory of fallen soldiers by wearing my Wear Blue: Run to Remember shirt. You can read more about Wear Blue
here (their Nike hooded sweatshirts are on sale for $15 right now). As I was perusing
Wear Blue's Facebook page one night I saw that if you submit a photo of yourself wearing your blue in the DC area then you would be entered into a raffle to gain free entry into the SOLD OUT
Marine Corps Marathon (I was actually thinking of signing up for this and was disappointed to find out that it was sold out). I figured that I would submit a photo from the Super Spartan with a very small chance of winning. I didn't really care though because the MCM is October 28 and my marathon is November 4...just 7 days apart. I submitted my photo last minute and guess who won? That's right...ME! After a quick moment of celebration (because I never win anything) I started to freak out. There is NO WAY I can run marathons 2 weekends in a row. Well, those of you who know me well know that if its a physical challenge then I will do it. So...here is my upcoming race calendar:
Your support would be very much appreciated! Again, please
consider donating to LLS, this organization has saved and improved the lives of so many people suffering from a blood cancer.
No comments:
Post a Comment