Monday, November 19, 2012

Getting Down to the Wire

Well, the end of Brian's deployment is rapidly approaching (YAY!) and I have officially spent my last full weekend in Raleigh.  I spent it doing absolutely nothing, just hanging around the house with my mom, letting her get in all the Munchky time she could.  We are headed up to DC on Thursday to spend Thanksgiving at the NDC, something that has become somewhat of a tradition.  We are returning on Satruday, so hopefully we will get back in a timely manner so that I can enjoy some time with some of my friends before things get really crazy.  I have a lot of loose ends to wrap up and errands to get done this week so I am starting to get a little stressed.  I still want to make sure I take Mikey to Gymboree as much as possible, as well as Marbles and the Museum in Durham.  I've got to take advantage of all of these great things now since there is NOTHING to do in Lawton.  

Next week will probably be spent packing, taking Mikey to our favorite places, eating at all my favorite restaurants, and cleaning the mess that I have accumulated over the past 6 months.  Once I get back I'm sure it will all be a whirlwind between preparing for Brian, getting things reorganized and put away, and keeping Mikey entertained.  I'm starting to feel like I may need more hours in the day.  I think a lot of the stress I'm experiencing is because I have no idea what the events timeline looks like for Homecoming day so I'm not quite sure how long I'm going to have to keep Mikey from getting into trouble cooped up in a gym somewhere.  I would much rather pick Brian up at the airport and just go home instead of having some dumb ceremony where we sit anxiously in a gym for hours then have to listen to music and speeches while our loved ones are standing in formation right in front of us.  Don't you think we've waited long enough?  Anyways...another huge source of stress is that have I NO IDEA what day he is supposed to be back...isn't that fun.  They keep it a secret for their security, which I get and am okay with, but its really annoying.  Especially when you have a 21 hour drive with 2 cats and a spastic 1 year old standing between you.  Such is the life.  

I suppose if I just take 1 project at a time it will be okay, but all of it together is quite overwhelming.  People keep asking me if I'm excited about Brian coming home and the answer is OF COURSE, but it may not seem like it because of the massive projects that stand between us being together.  I will also get a bit more excited when he is actually on his way, his deployment got extended by a bit last time at the very end so I am skeptical until he's headed home.  I want the house to be perfect for him, but that may not happen.  I'm sure he won't mind too much because he will get to be with his little boy and he will no longer be stuck in Afghanistan, but I have a picture in my head and standards that I have set for myself, so I've got my work cut out for me.  Ok...I needed to get some of my spazzyness out...I'm off to Gymboree with Mikey...we sure are gonna miss that place :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment