Mikey had his 18 month check-up on Tuesday and is still a big and healthy boy. I can't believe how fast time is moving and how quickly he grows and develops. It feels like almost no time has passed since he was born, but at the same time I almost can't remember what it was like having a little baby in the house. Anyways, Mikey is a healthy 30 lbs and 34 inches tall. He's in the 90th percentile for weight and 77th for height. He received 3 shots and only cried for a short while (maybe 15 seconds) when he got them. Of course, I had Curious George playing for him. Both the Dr. and nurse said that he seemed older than 18 months because he was so "calm and mature". I'm not sure what child I took to the doctor, but it must have something to do with the fact that he's been spending so much time with Emaline.
We have Mikey out of the crib and in a toddler bed right now. He was doing really well with staying in bed and in his room, but about a week ago he started fighting me on bedtime and really bad on naps. He's been waking up 60-90 minutes earlier than usual, which I am not a fan of. I'm hoping that this is part of the 18 month sleep regression and he will stop fighting me here soon.
His favorite toys are his Thomas trains and tracks. He just started carrying a train everywhere he goes and he will even snuggle with his trains in bed. They are cast iron, so I don't imagine they are very good snugglers. He also loves his Legos, he will just sit and put them together making towers, then take them apart.
Mikey is at such a sweet age right now. He wants to give hugs and kisses on his own and misses Brian when he leaves for work. He gets SUPER excited when Brian comes home too! It makes my heart melt. He can and will climb just about everything. I think he believes that he is king of the playground! He's quite a skilled climber, but I still worry.
I think I'm going to do a little survey about him every month. If you can think of any other good questions for me to add to this let me know!
Age:
Location (since we move so much with the army): Ft Sill
Friends (again, since we and our friends move so much...these will be his local friends, not all the friends he's ever made): Emaline, Hartley, Violet, Owen
Favorite TV Show: Curious George
Favorite Toys: Trains, Legos, Riding toys (truck, Thomas, firetruck)
Favorite Activities: Putting stickers on EVERYTHING, going to Gymboree, bouncing on the couch, going to the playground, climbing, swinging, playing in the car
Mikeyisms: He has started taking his pants off and running around pants less. Makes car/boat noises, pulls KC's tail and giggles when she slaps him, pretends to be out of breath sometimes, makes a funny noise with his tongue, blows kisses from the top of his head.
No comments:
Post a Comment