Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Trying to Play Catch Up


Ok...so here it is again, I've let another month go by without blogging.  I'll try to make this short...but we all know how that usually turns out.

In October we celebrated Mikey's birthday and my birthday.  We had a big party for Mikey and I had a wonderful girl's night with my friends to celebrate mine.  My sweet friends came out for a baby free night and they showered me with gifts and a cookie cake.  They are too kind, I really just wanted a night out with the girls and was happy to have people to hang out with!

The weekend following my birthday we went down to the Dallas area to run Tough Mudder.  In preparation for Tough Mudder I gave myself a nice little stress fracture in my foot that has seriously put a damper on my long runs.  I did, however, still run the 11.5 miles through mud and obstacles and still plan on running my marathon the weekend after Thanksgiving.  Brian put together a team and organized everything.  Generally, when he plans things it turns into me planning it or making sure things get done.  This time it was totally his and he pulled it off incredibly successfully.  We stayed in an RV park that had buildings constructed for people that worked on oil rigs, but now they are out of contract.  There were 4 rooms to a building and each had its own bathroom.  Each building had its own central kitchen and living room.  2 buildings were connected by a covered porch.  We got 2 buildings and stayed both nights to grill out and drink.  It was so much fun and we area already planning our next Tough Mudder experience!
Ready for a road trip

Movie time

We had a french fry stuck in the nose incident during dinner



I got it out!



Everest

Electric Shock Therapy







Mikey ran the Mini Mudder








Shoes came clean!

We celebrated Halloween.  I didn't do a very good job of planning.  I didn't go get pumpkins or candy until the day of and then still needed to carve.  Our pumpkins were kind of garbage this year.  Good thing Mikey is too young to notice.  Mikey dressed up as a train conductor and Brian dressed in an OLD army uniform.  He looked like a GI Joe.  All of the neighborhood kids (and men) LOVED it.  Mikey had a blast trick-or-treating and really enjoyed showing Asher how its done.












As far as Mikey goes, his speech has really picked up a lot.  He's saying new things every day.  At his 2 yr old check up he was 32lbs and roughly 36 inches tall.  I don't feel like they ever get a good reading on his height, but oh well.  His first 3 word sentence was on Halloween and was "Trick-or-treat!"...although it came out more like trick or cheese?  We stopped closing the gates maybe a month or two ago!  Ahh!!!  For those of you that know me, I LOVE my gates.  The only gate we really still have in use is the one for his bedroom, but we open it after he goes to sleep.  Mikey now knows how to open door with knobs.  He knows how to lock and unlock doors, including deadbolts.  So we just pray that he doesn't escape.  He's escaped twice now...one time I heard him go out, the other time we didn't know he was out until he was ringing the doorbell.  SCARY!  He is for the most part potty trained.  We go out in public without a pull-up.  He made the whole 4.5 hour trip to Tough Mudder without and accident, and on the whole he does a pretty good job of letting us know when he's got to go.  We experienced a little regression the past week, but I think he was just getting so distracted while playing that he didn't want to break to go potty.  He seems to be back on track now though.  Prior to his regression he was having about 1 accident a day, which isn't terrible.

Ok, laundry is calling my name!  Maybe I'll finally write a post on Mikey's party...maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment