Wednesday, February 29, 2012

21 Weeks




Well...once the Munchkin kicked his cold he seemed to pick up and oozey eye.  We went to the doctor today and thankfully its just a clogged tear duct and can be remedied with a warm washcloth.  I was happy that he checked out well and didn't have any type of infection.  I was also excited to see how much he weighed and to get an accurate height on him.  At his four month check-up they measured him pretty short, significantly shorter than what I had measured him a few days prior.  He weighed in at 18lbs7oz and was 27.5 inches long.  The kid is still growing like a beast!
He is from Oklahoma, afterall...


"Mom is absolutely HILARIOUS when she sings the 'Chili's Baby Back Ribs' song!"



Mikey ate Squash and Sweet potatoes this week.  He LOVED the sweet potatoes, but wasn't too sure about the squash.  He still eats it, but is not devastated when it is gone like he is with the zucchini and sweet potatoes.  I'm now giving him several vegetables a day and he seems to like the variety.  I think I might give him some apples and bananas next week!
"Gimme more!!!"

"Oh yeah, that's the good stuff!"
This weekend we worked on some Pinterest projects, Brian is building me a table out of old palates and I am making a "The Places We'll Go" map.  Neither one are quite finished...but I'll post some photos of the progress.  Hopefully I can post the finished products next week!
Paper for my states

I bought a magnet puzzle so that I wouldn't have to cut up a map...Mikey can use this later when he's learning states too!

Trace all of the states onto pretty paper

Cut them all out and line them up...this was not so much fun

Brian sanding down the pallet...it was in pretty rough condition

unsanded pallet

Staining the pallet

I cooked some crockpot ribs and a parmesan honey pot roast this week.  Both were delicious, but the ribs were to DIE FOR.  Check out the recipes on the recipes page!
Rib sauce

Fresh out of the crock pot...they were so tender that they fell apart when I tried to pick them up!

Ready for eatin'!

Parmesan Honey Pork Roast and sauce

This was also very tender

I've been so slack about running.  I don't know if its because I'm burned out or what.  I am just kind of over the running thing.  Thankfully my half marathon is on Saturday.  When that is finished I am going to keep running, but it won't be as much of a chore.  I am going to start a whole new workout routine, so I will post about that once I get started.
Chloe likes to help with the projects

"Stop with the pictures, mom!"

He LOVED being outside

Projects are FUN!

That's all for now!

Marianna

1 comment:

  1. Mikey is such a little ham!! He is absolutely adorable! I am loving the recipes you have posted too!

    ReplyDelete