I'm working on making my blogs a little more concise because I feel like whenever I have a conversation with anyone they already know everything that's happened in my life. I wanna leave some stuff for face to face conversation.
Last week Mikey began sitting up on his own. I think he probably could before this, but it was the first time that we had sat him there alone and not touched him. He just sat and sat and sat...no falling, just chillin. He's becoming more and more obsessed with food. If you aren't feeding him fast enough he yells at you. Sometimes he will shriek in excitement if he really likes his food.
| Sitting like a big boy |
We went down to Dallas for Brian to run the Dallas Rock N Roll Half Marathon. Since we did the one in memory of Evan he wanted to see how fast he could do one. He did well, but not as well as he would have liked. There were a couple factors that played into it. First off, he doesn't train...he just does it. My guess is that with some training he could probably finish pretty high. I think he placed in the top 200 out of almost 12,000 people, so that should let you know what an incredible runner he is. Second, he doesn't drink water...like ever. It was really warm and he did not hydrate all week, so he was pretty dehydrated when it came time to run. When he decided that he was spent he stopped and drank a beer while listening to one of the bands. He still finished much faster than I can. Lastly, we did not sleep hardly at all. Partially because he didn't read the race email that told when packet pick-up was. There was no day of pick-up, it was all the 2 days prior to the race, so he was stressed out that he wouldn't get his number and chip. It turns out that he was able to get them the morning of the race, but apparently this has not been the case in years past at this particular race. The other reason we did not sleep was our lovely little munchkin decided to scream all night long. This wasn't his fault though, we planned our road trip poorly and he did not nap at all on Saturday. He slept for maybe an hour in the car, but he generally takes a 3 hours nap in the late morning, a 2 hour nap in the late afternoon, and a 45ish minute nap just before his final dinner and bed time. That's a lot of sleep to miss. Then a friend of ours didn't take into account the baby and planned to go out to dinner at some loud bar. We ended up not going because it was taking him and his friends too long to get ready, it was after 8 which is when Mikey generally goes to bed, but it was almost 9 by the time we ate. He was really good at dinner, but when I put him to bed in the hotel (around 11:30) he was so exhausted that he couldn't sleep, he just screamed. Then everything woke him up. We let him sleep with us, but he was so beside himself that all he could do was scream. Poor little guy. Brian finally got up for the race about 20 minutes after Mikey fell asleep, so I decided to stay in the hotel with the baby and leave him with no one cheering at the finish line. I felt really bad about this because I have run a half with no one there to see me finish and its SUCH a let down. He experienced that upon crossing and I just felt terrible. But I also knew that if I was going to drive the 3 hours back to Geronimo (because he definitely needed to sleep) then I should probably sleep while the baby was sleeping. It was all in all and pretty horrible trip.
| Playing in the hotel |
| First time in a hotel |
I kept up with week 2 of Insanity and can already see differences in my body. I'm proud of myself for staying committed and pushing myself in the exercises. We don't have a functioning scale...so I don't have any numerical results to share, but I have dropped a pants size! The smaller size is snug, so I only wear them sometimes, but the pants I have been wearing are too big...even right after they have been washed.
New recipes will be on the recipes page. I made Sweet and Sour Chicken. It was pretty good!
Enjoy the pictures!
| Lovin on Sophie |
| Ready to watch the Tar Heels play! |
| Our friend, Darin, has renamed her to "Action Cat"...can you see why? |
| Eating white potatoes for the first time |
| I might need a DNA test to make sure he's my son...taters are my FAVORITE |
| The pallet table...with junk all over it...I'll get another picture later |
| First time on grass |
| Trying to decide how he feels about it |
| KC babysitting again |
| Happy to be outside |
| Sunset from our back patio |
No comments:
Post a Comment