The title of this post says it all...UGH!
I am SO over cleaning up bodily functions from both Mikey and the cat(s). I feel like all I have done for the past 2 weeks is clean up poop and pee. It all started with a nice blowout from Mikey, not sure exactly what happened, but he had one of the biggest (if not the biggest) blowout to date. He either sat or fell down and it came exploding out of his diaper and all over his legs and feet. He then proceeded to run across the carpeted area of the living room...which is shag carpet...leaving a nice poopy trail for me to clean.
The next evening when I was putting him to bed I found a cat turd on the brand new quilt that is covering the brand new mattress in his room. In the process of cleaning said turd I found that the bed was soaked with urine...all the way through to the mattress. UGH! I cleaned it with water, vinegar, and baking soda and took the sheets to be washed, the smell seemed to be gone, so all was okay. Well...the next morning when I got Mikey out of his crib I found cat turds on the bare mattress...a cat was going to die! I cleaned up and scrubbed the mattress once again with my water, vinegar, baking soda, and now carpet cleaner because that is just nasty.
When Mikey woke up the following morning I found cat vomit on the mattress...OH. MY. GOD! I am going to kill my cats! As I returned to the room with carpet cleaning, baking soda, and vinegar once more I caught KC squatting on Mikey's Hungry Caterpillar rug urinating! I immediately called the vet to drop her off because I couldn't handle cleaning up any more pee. I tossed the rug in the washer and loaded the cat into the crate. Sure enough she had a UTI. She got a shot of antibiotics (which helped clear her chin up some more) and I thought we were done with the peeing outside the litter box. WRONG! I found more fresh cat pee on the mattress about an hour after she came home! Then I caught her trying to squat on the toy box. The cat got confined to the bathroom for the next 3 days and I escorted her to the litter box (as it is in Mikey's bathroom...or was). All toys got scrubbed with bleach and my patience took the worst of the beatings.
The following day right after I changed Mikey's diaper he rolled away (without the new one on) and took off towards a pile of couch cushions on the floor that he had been climbing up and rolling down. He stopped right there and peed all over them. I almost cried. I was so tired of cleaning up pee!!!
Maddi was cleaning out her closet the next day only to find that one of the cats had been using her closet as a litter box. Almost everything in the closet had been peed on or had poop buried inside. I helped her sort through the clothes, clean the pee and immediately moved the litter box to the basement where the cats will reside until we go back to Oklahoma. I bought a new tall and wide baby gate for the top of the stairs (the cats can't jump over it) and kitties are now banned from the top floor of the house. I haven't found anymore pee within the last few days, but I will never ever get a cat again. I seriously hope that both cats and Mikey can keep their bodily functions confined to the catching device designated for each! Phew. I think my blood pressure just went up thinking about all that again.
No comments:
Post a Comment