Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day at the Park

So between my running schedule, Mikey's napping schedule (that conflicts with his best friend's), and the afternoon thunderstorm we have spent a lot of time cooped up inside.  Today, we decided to just go out to the park despite the dark clouds and rapidly approaching dinner time.  Maddi and I really enjoyed watching Munchky take in the woods, play structures and sand.  Normally I would be excited that we had the entire park to ourselves, but he loves other children so much that he didn't really know what to do.  When some older kids showed up he started clapping, smiling, and waving...it was precious!  It was pretty hot so we stayed just long enough to wear the little booger out.  It was a good thing we left when we did because as soon as we pulled out of the park the skies opened up.  When we got home we decided to put on the rain boots and let Mikey play out in the rain for the first time.  He wasn't into it, it was cute though!

Not a lot new for me.  I've got a 12 mile training run tomorrow if the weather isn't too bad.  Normally I don't mind running in the rain, but I feel certain my phone will get destroyed and my feet will certainly suffer the consequences of such a distance in soaked shoes and socks.  I am really hoping the weather gods hold out for us.

Enjoy the pictures!




































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment