I've tried to get Mikey to watch Sesame Street, but he never pays it much attention so I was a tad worried as to how he would be during the show. He's not one to sit still for very long. As soon as he saw the characters dressed up and dancing he got really excited. He clapped his hands and danced to the songs all while staring intently. It was really cute. He didn't seem too into the props that they had set up because there were door handles to grab and water fountains to push buttons on. After he ran around a bit to burn off some energy we headed down to our seats. Sarah snagged us some pretty awesome floor seats in hopes that the kids would get an up close with some of the characters so we had a pretty awesome view of the stage.
At first, Mikey was kind of squirmy and didn't want to sit, but as soon as the lights were dimmed and the music came on he was totally zoned in. He stood up on my lap and danced his little heart out. He waived his arms and grinned ear to ear...HE LOVED IT! Emaline was pretty excited too. She danced, laughed, and cried (when Elmo was sad). It was all adorable. The show was pretty good and the intermission was timed almost exactly right (when all the toddlers in the audience started to lose interest). The show ended about at the right time too, Mikey probably could have done with about 10-15 minutes less, but it was perfect for Emaline (who is 6 months older than him).
After the show we were going to head to a restaurant from Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, but they had a 45 minute wait, so we opted for Toby Keith's. After a delicious dinner we piled back into the car and headed home. I think both babies had a blast and we were all thoroughly exhausted. Thank you, Sarah, for the great idea!!!
I totally left out one of the most interesting parts of the day. Right after I snapped this picture a weird looking woman with buldgy eyes and sunglasses on (inside and on a cloudy day) emerged from the other side of those blind thingies. She asked me what my name was and I was thoroughly confused. She then goes "I saw you point the camera at me and take a picture". I looked at her like she was the crazy woman that she was and replied "I was taking a picture of my kid..." She accused me once again of taking her picture and I go "No...I was taking a picture of my son, I didn't even see you..." She then goes "he's cute, but..." trying to further explain being such a weirdo. I cut her off with "I think so too" and walked away. SO BIZARRE!!! *Notice how she is not anywhere in the picture*
| Chasing each other |
| pre-show stuff |

















No comments:
Post a Comment