So after rearranging Mikey's room and putting the "lock" on the door things are going a little bit better. When I turned the crib into a toddler bed he would run around his room, play, scream and bang on the door, etc for awhile during nap time and bed time. It broke my heart, it was the saddest thing. Today we had a major breakthrough though. We spent a lot of time at the playground this morning and he fell asleep in the car on the way home. I was able to get him out of the car and into bed while he was still basically asleep. This was awesome since there was no fight for bed and no crying! We took him back out to play after his nap and then grilled out so that he could run around in the yard. He had a nice warm bath and then it was time for bed. After bath time I always sit in the rocker and put lotion on him, clean his ears, brush his teeth, and sometimes read to him. Tonight, after I got his jammies on he kept pointing to the Hungry Caterpillar Jack-in-the-box on top of his dresser. I handed it to him and he went right over to his bed, got in, laid down, and snuggled with this stupid tin box. I then told him goodnight, handed him his blankee, covered him up and left the room. He cried a little bit, but it didn't sound like he got out of bed at all!
It was such a relief, the past few days have been hard for me. I don't like listening to him cry, but I didn't have much of a choice, returning him to his bed just turned into a game for him and he thought it was funny. The more I put him back the funnier it was. It was too much for me so we had to do the toddler version of cry it out. It seems to be working...knock on wood. I hope this trend continues!
No comments:
Post a Comment