I realize that my blog has turned into more of a journal of our adventures as a family and less of the "baby book" that I had initially intended it to be. I'm not disappointed in the direction that it has gone, but I do want to continue to document things that my baby does.
While we were in Disney World Mikey's speech absolutely exploded. He is a little on the late end of the spectrum for talking and I'm starting to think it had something to do with the dull and boring environment that we live in. In Disney he was picking up 20 new words a day...20!! That's a ton! On top of that, he started repeating literally everything we say. Time to start altering our language! He was saying very few sentences prior to our trip and now he is saying several different, and more complicated sentences. He says "please" and "thank you" completely unprompted. Its amazing...absolutely amazing to me.
I wasn't really worrying about him because his speech was developing (just slowly), but I am so incredibly relieved that he has blossomed as he has in such a short amount of time. What's frightening though is that this place really is a detrimental environment to his rapidly developing brain. (#oklahomafail) I really hope he continues using what he has learned and continues this rapid development.
No comments:
Post a Comment