I woke up that morning to Mikey grabbing his tummy and saying he had to poop. After several attempts I couldn't get him to go, so I went head and fed him breakfast while he played with some of his new toys. Shortly after he ate he ran into my mom's bathroom grabbing his tummy and yelling "ooowwww!!!" Just as she picked him up to rub his tummy and snuggle him he started throwing up and pretty much continued for the rest of the morning. We eventually got the car packed up and his color was looking a little better, so we checked out of the hotel and started our 3.5 hour journey to Georgia.
About an hour into the trip he started grabbing his tummy again and yelling "oowwww!" as all the color drained from his face. I was able to get him out of the carseat just in the nick of time. Thankfully, I was covered with a blanket because the puke that didn't make it into the potty went all over my arm and my lap. We stopped, got cleaned up, got Mikey some sprite and crackers, and drove on. Fortunately, he passed out shortly after our stop and slept the rest of the way to Jekyll Island.
We stayed at the Jekyll Island Club Resort which is absolutely beautiful. It looks like an old plantation and is surrounded by huge trees with spanish moss hanging from them. The rehearsal and dinner were on the 30th and it was really fun to catch up with some old friends and with Joe's family, as well as meeting Anna's family. It was such a great group of people to spend a few days with. After the rehearsal dinner was over we all headed over to the pub that is part of the resort. We stayed until it closed...which made for a rough morning.
Joe and Anna had a New Year's Eve wedding that was so intimate and beautiful. It was on the riverfront lawn of the resort underneath a giant tree covered in Spanish Moss. Brian was the best man and Mikey was the Ring Bearer. He did pretty well considering his lack of sleep for the entire 2 weeks leading up to the wedding. They put a cell phone in a box for him and told him to take it to Brian. He ended up stopping half way to get the cell phone out to play with. After a little redirecting from our good friends (who also happened to be the photographers), Brian Mullins and his lovely assistant Jenn, Mikey took the scenic route around the chairs to eventually make it to Brian. He then triumphantly shouted "CHOO CHOO" to everyone because there was a train on the phone. Joe and Anna didn't seem phased by it, so I tried not to worry about it. The ceremony was short and sweet...I am just so happy for these two. They both deserve all the happiness in the world and are absolutely perfect for each other.
We enjoyed a delicious cocktail hour before entering the reception. The centerpieces were so cute and one of my favorite details of the wedding was the fallen soldier table. You can read more about it here. The reception was a lot of fun and everyone danced the night away. The couple "exited" through a tunnel of sparklers before heading over to the resort's New Year's party. Everyone at the wedding was given a ticket to the party, what an awesome NYE!!! We took our enthusiasm over there and had such a blast. It is definitely one of the top weddings I have attended!
We packed up the next morning before attending the brunch and saying our farewells...kinda. We were planning to stay in GA one more night to recover, but we did have to say goodbye to my family...which is heart wrenching, as always. Its getting worse now that Mikey understands. Since we said goodbye to my mom Mikey has been going through some separation anxiety issues, where Brian and I have to be in his sight at all times or he FREAKS. I hate that he is going through this and doesn't understand.
Once we departed Jekyll Island we headed to a small town outside Ft Stewart to stay with some friends from WA. We hadn't seen them in over 2.5 years, so it was really good to catch up. The last time I saw them I was like a million weeks pregnant with Mikey and her little girl was a distant thought. The kiddos are almost exactly a year apart and played pretty well. She made us dinner and breakfast, as well as putting us up for the night. What an awesome friend!


No comments:
Post a Comment