Thursday, April 16, 2015

Let's Catch Up!

So...its definitely been a hot minute since I blogged...whoops! Lets catch up a bit!
First day of soccer Fall '14

I suppose we will go back our beach trip in August: A few days after I completed a summer course at Cameron University ::bows head in shame:: we packed up and drove halfway across the country to Myrtle Beach, SC.  We were totally expecting the nasty heat and humidity that comes with late summer in the Southeast, but we had the most beautiful weather with minimal humidity and reasonable temperatures!  We had an absolutely wonderful time relaxing on the beach with family.  Our resort had several pools and a splash park for little kids, it was perfect for families in any stage of life! Mikey had a blast playing in the sand and the ocean, he is definitely my child!  We spent the week sunbathing and eating quality seafood, something I've missed since living in the middle of the country.  I became a bit of a seafood snob after living minutes from the beach for 6 years and will not eat seafood that isn't a fresh catch.  Anyway, here are some photos of our wonderful week!













The biggest thing that happened since I last blogged is the addition to our family, but that story is for another post.  We found out that we were expecting our sweet little "Baby Take" (as Mikey so affectionately named him) the day after we got home from the beach.  I had my suspicions, but the confirmation was almost immediate.




We had to say goodbye to some wonderful friends.  Its always been hard for me to bid farewell to those I love spending time with, but watching Mikey lose his best friends damn near destroys me.  How do you explain to a 2-3 year old that his best friend is moving to Germany and we can't just drive the power wheels or ride the strider down to his house on a whim? It just plain sucks!

We celebrated Mikey's 3rd birthday with a pirate birthday party.  He had an absolute blast and was spoiled with lots of generous gifts!  I opted for a cake this year instead of cake pops and the cake was amazing!





Mikey and I visited NC for 3 weeks in November.  That was the first real trip I had taken home in 2 years and it was amazing!  It was so much fun to catch up with friends, get a haircut (I won't let anyone besides Maria cut my hair), have a quality dental appointment with a dentist I trust, take Mikey for his first visit at John's old practice, and just eat all of my favorite foods from home!  The three weeks flew by, but it was much needed and appreciated!




We spent Thanksgiving in Dallas with my aunts, uncles, and cousins.  They have a beautiful house with lots of pets, including horses.  Mikey loves jumping on the trampoline and looking at all of the beautiful decorations in their house.  We have loved getting to spend time there!





We spent Christmas in OK, which is less than ideal, but it was stress free and nice to wake up in our own home and not have to transport gifts home.




We got several snow days!






Brian continued his command.  He took battery command in early Feb 2014 and has done a wonderful job with his small, but mighty battery.  He took them to a Spartan Race and lead them on several fun events.  He is currently finishing up his command and inactivating his battery, so he is the last battery commander for this particular unit!  He is so close to the finish line that we can smell it!





We were blessed with a healthy and beautiful baby boy on April 2, 2015, but more on that later!

I think that catches us up!

No comments:

Post a Comment