Sunday, April 19, 2015

Parker: Weeks 1 & 2

For the most part, Parker has been a relatively easy baby.  He sleeps wonderfully, but doesn't do the long stretches at night like Mikey did.  Mikey was giving me anywhere from 5-7 hours at night from very early on, but he was also a much bigger baby and was eating significantly more than Parker at an earlier age.  Here are some highlights:

2 Weeks old


Week 1:

We were discharged from the hospital just about 24 hours after Parker was born.  It was so nice to be able to come home and rest with our own things!  We had a couple of visitors who brought us food, diapers and wipes...the best gifts you could possibly give to the mother of a newborn!  The food lasted a good long while and was MUCH appreciated!  Mikey, Daddy, and all of the Grandparents went to an Easter egg hunt the day after we got home and gave Mommy and Parker some peace and quiet.  We had an Easter dinner with family once everyone got back.
Ready to head home!


We aren't the only ones who are tired!

We celebrated Parker's first Easter, but the bunny didn't bring Parker anything since he wasn't supposed to be born until mid-April.  I'm sure the Bunny will make it up to him next year.  Mikey was spoiled with lots of candy, a few cool new toys, and time with his favorite person on Earth...Nay Nay.  My mom had to leave later that evening, which sparked a complete meltdown by Mikey, but he recovered after he came home and fed his baby a bottle.
Happy Easter!




I was alone with both boys all week...well, kinda...during the work week.  It wasn't nearly as stressful as I imagined it would be.  Brian had Monday off, so we adjusted to being a family of 4 for the first time.  Mikey had school on Tuesday and Thursday and was so excited to show all of his friends his baby.  He was severely disappointed that I wasn't leaving Parker at school with him.  He also grabbed all of his friends, one by one, and pulled them over to come see his baby.  Mikey spent Wednesday with with Brian's parents like he always does, so I really wasn't alone with him very much.

You can read about Mikey's first week here

Week 2:
On Friday, I went on my first run!  It was only a mile and I had intended it to be a walk...but I couldn't help it.  I'm not a good walker.  I felt really good and took it slow, so I think my body was okay with it.  
Shrinking much faster than last time

We had a Brigade Ball at the new convention center on Friday evening.  It was amazing, so much better than all of the balls that we were forced to have at the Patriot Club.  The food was decent...I wouldn't rate it as good, but it wasn't bad either.  I left Parker in the loving and caring hands Morgan and Wes (bless them).  They took great care of him and snuggled him all night long.  It was so nice to be able to socialize in fancy attire!  Brian and I both received awards at the ball.  He received the Order of St. Barbara and I received my Molly Pitcher.  You can read about them here.
Ready to receive his Order of St Barbara




Receiving my Molly Pitcher




My mom flew back in on Friday night while we were at the ball.  This was the original flight that she had booked upon learning about my April 18 due date.  Since Mikey was just shy of a week early we figured it would be plenty of time.  Guess that will teach us to make plans!

Brian spent a good portion of the weekend in Medicine Park for the Fools Dozen Mountain Bike Festival (with my permission, of course).  He had been planning to volunteer with the event prior to Parker's arrival and since my mom was here to help me it really allowed him the freedom to have one last big bang weekend with his friends out there without of the stress of "will I make it to the hospital if she goes into labor?!"  We joined him out there for a little bit on Sunday, it was nice to get out of the house and take Parker on his first outing to MP.

We've mostly just hung out around the house this past week.  I've been pretty tired just from broken sleep so I've been doing a lot of napping.  Parker sleeps like 23 hours a day and my mom has entertained Mikey so that he doesn't lose his mind.

We did end up making it out to run with Run Lawton (the group I've been running with every Wednesday) and I took the double BoB on its maiden voyage.  I still swear by these strollers.  Its big and heavy with both kids and the carseat in it, but it drives like a dream and really pushes VERY easily.  We did 2 miles with a 3:1 interval and felt really good.  I am not quite ready to add a third mile with the beast yet, but I may try for a longer run interval next time.  I'll have to see how I'm feeling.
Ready for our maiden voyage!

You can read about Mikey's second week here

Mikey has been adjusting really well.  He gets a tad jealous every now and then, but he hasn't had any major behavioral issues, no bed wetting, no aggression towards the baby.  In fact, he asks to hold him and feed him, he comforts him when cries, and is all around and super cute big brother!  I really think we nailed the age gap right on the head!

Diapers: Newborn
Clothes: Newborn and some 0-3m
Food: Breastmilk from mama and a bottle.  Usually between 2 and 4oz from the bottle











No comments:

Post a Comment