Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pregnancy Number 2: "Baby Take"

This pregnancy was both eerily similar and drastically different from the first.  Let's compare!

Morning sickness:  Different. I am lucky to be one of those people who doesn't get violently ill when pregnant, but I did experience some morning sickness this time around.  I had absolutely no morning sickness or vomiting with Mikey.  I only threw up once with this one, but there were days where I just felt like death all day long.  I definitely had to slow myself down this time around where as with Mikey I was able to power through most days.

Headaches: Different. I can only remember having one or two migraines with Mikey.  Baby Take plagued me with migraines almost daily.  I honestly don't know how I functioned for the first 15 weeks!

Fatigue: Same. I was exhausted in the first trimester with both, regained energy at about 15 weeks, then was drained of energy again around 30 weeks.

Exercise/Notable activities: Similar activity level, different activities: With Mikey I did more weights and less cardio.  I wakeboarded until I was about 33 weeks with him and went snowboarding early on in the pregnancy.  With this one I did more cardio.  I was able to run right up until I delivered.  I was running two miles a few times a week with a Run/Walk interval.  I rode the Hotter N Hell 100 at the end of August (6 weeks pregnant).  I competed in the biking portion of a team triathlon in September (we won the female team).  I also did a bit of swimming and mountain biking, but running was my most consistent activity.

General ailments: Mostly the same. With both I had lots of pain in my left SI joint, almost like it was out of place.  With both I had muscle pain in my back.  With Mikey, I had lots of pain in my pubic symphysis.  I didn't have that with "Baby Take."  I had more sciatic pain with "Baby Take" and also a massive umbilical hernia.  The hernia was probably my biggest complaint this time while the symphysis pubis dysfunction was last time.

Cravings and Aversions: Same. With both I couldn't eat meat hardly at all.  With both I craved fruit.  With Mikey it was pineapple, with "Baby Take" it was mangos.

Movement: Mostly the same.  I felt Mikey earlier on in my pregnancy, around 15-16 weeks.  With "Baby Take" I felt him from the inside and outside on my birthday for the first time (20 weeks).  I felt consistent movement much later this time.  I felt both of them near my hip bones and as it got later and later in the pregnancy I felt them up in my right ribs.  Both of them mostly stayed on my right.

Weight gain: DIFFERENT. I gained nothing at all in the first 25ish weeks with both.  Once I started gaining with Mikey it was pretty rapid.  I ended up gaining 30lbs with him and a good portion of it was water weight.  With "Baby Take" I gained late and slowly.  I ended up gaining 15lbs overall with no swelling or water weight at all.  I felt much better the whole time and while I was uncomfortable, I was never miserable.

Last picture with each child (37 weeks): Mikey on the left and Parker on the right

Stay tuned for "Baby Take's" birth story and an update on his first two weeks of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment