Friday, May 20, 2011

20 Weeks & Halfway There!

Hey there my little buddy!

This week you are the size of a mango...a rather large mango if I do say so myself.  The other website says you are the length of a banana, because now we are measuring from head to toe instead of crown to rump.  Your digestive tract is getting some practice because you are swallowing lots of fluid these days.  Each of these sites say that you should be weighing about 10 ounces now, but we discovered on Tuesday that you are 13 ounces and in the 89th percentile for growth!  Keep growing buddy!


This week has been very exciting and kind of exhausting as well.  I played my last soccer games this weekend, I just can't do it anymore.  Its not because I can't play, its just because I am in so much pain that it is no longer fun.  Saturday, I played half of the outdoor game before I couldn't hardly walk anymore.  It was a gorgeous day for soccer, it reminded me of spring soccer at home.  It was so nice that we decided to go out on the boat with Angie afterwards and we got in our first wakeboarding of the season.  Finally, an activity that doesn't cause me pain!!  We also broke out our wakesurf for the first time.  It was interesting trying to figure out how to use it, but we got it and are now just trying to get the hang of making the right wave.

Sunday was another nasty rainy day, so we spent the day checking out strollers for you.  We were pretty set on getting a full travel system, but after a lot of looking, researching, and polling I think we are just going to go with an infant carrier with two car bases and a Snap n Go.  We are also going to get a jogging stroller (no infant adapter because you can't actually jog with the little one until a certain age) as well as an umbrella stroller.  I think we have picked out the snap n go and the umbrella stroller, but are still trying to pick out the right jogging stroller.  I'm leaning towards the B.O.B., but it seems a bit pricey, I've got to test a bunch of different ones before we make a decision.  After doing a bit of shopping we headed to the indoor soccer game, I played a little, scored my last for a while, and played some pretty excellent defense.  I informed both of my teams this weekend that I am finished playing and sadly I will not get to play with my indoor team again.  I have really enjoyed playing with them and will miss them a lot.

Monday, I just ran a bunch of errands and did a lot of cleaning and yard work to get the house ready for our party on Tuesday.  I had to keep myself good and busy to make the day pass!

Tuesday was the big day!  I woke up, got ready, and headed off to pick up your dad to go to our anatomy scan!  Our plan for the day was not to find out your gender at the appointment, but to have the doctor seal your gender in an envelope that I would deliver to a bakery.  The bakery would then make a cake that was either pink or blue on the inside and we would cut the cake in front of our friends with family on Skype.  This way we could celebrate together.  It was an absolute blast, but I will start with the recap of the ultrasound.  The doctor looked at just about every part of your body, she checked to make sure you have ten fingers and ten toes, the proper bones in your arms and legs and that they are the proper length, your organs, skull, heart chambers, spine and tail bone, and your sweet little face.  She also, of course, checked your goods.  At the beginning of the ultrasound you were kicking your little legs all over the place and had your hands above your head like you were on a roller coaster.  Your heart was pumping away at 160 beats per minute, which is perfect and the rest of your anatomy looked great as well.  When we saw your face you had your tiny hand in your mouth and were chewing on it, it was precious.  Once the Mountain Dew that I drank wore off, you curled yourself up, just like KC and Chloe do, and decided not to move at all.  Your little behind was resting comfortably on my bladder and against my pelvis.  The doctor could not get you to move at all to look at your tail bone so she had to pretty much flip me upside down and on my side to get the view.  It was quite the experience.  The appointment lasted about an hour and a half and it was so much fun to see you and how you've grown.  When we walked out of the clinic I started chomping at the bit, I could not wait to find out your gender!  We had a while to wait though, so we went and got lunch, I dropped your dad back off at work, dropped off the gender results at the bakery, and then went with Angie to do her car emissions test.  When we were finished we returned home and she helped me clean the house a little more while I mowed the back yard.  We then had about 45 minutes to wait until we could go pick up the cake.  Once we returned from getting the cake most of our friends were here and Aunt Maddi had just arrived home (she just finished her finals and was driving back to Raleigh from Maryland).  As soon as I got Mom and Maddi on Skype we cut the cake and it was BLUE!  Your dad is so excited about having a little buddy and immediately high fived everyone.  He has been right all along about thinking that you are a boy and isn't going to let anyone forget it. After the cake was cut we grilled out and hung out with friends, it was a really good time and I am so glad that we found out that you are a sweet little boy this way!

Wednesday was a perfect day and Courtland and I spent it on the boat.  We had to pull the boat out of the water because if was so full of water and we were worried about sinking, but it was just because one of the plugs was not in appropriately.  We got the problem fixed and a couple hours later, her husband and your dad were able to come out so that we could wakeboard again.  It was so nice to spend the day on the water in the sun, I just love it when I am tan.

On Thursday we went out to the boat again after our workout.  We only got about 2 hours before I had to take off to the 2-17 FRG coffee and getting there was a nightmare.  Traffic was SO bad, but I eventually made it.  It was held at a pottery painting place and I made a little frog for your room, I hope it turns out as cute as I pictured in my head.  I get to pick up the final product in about a week, but I think we will be going back before then to paint some more.  I really enjoyed the coffee and was so happy to catch up with a bunch of wonderful women that I have not seen in a while.

Today we spent the entire day on the boat and my back may have gotten a bit crispy, not too bad though.  It was a blast and we got some good sun and some good wakeboarding in.  I can honestly say that I am absolutely exhausted, but had a spectacular week!  The sun is supposed to disappear for a while starting tomorrow, but we have a mud run in the morning, so there is no rest for the weary!

I seemed to have misplaced my camera, so there are no pictures from the gender revealing party.  Sam did video the cake cutting and our reactions on her phone, but in the excitement it ended up facing the floor.  I still love that I can hear our reactions though!  Here are some of the ultrasound pictures, but they aren't scanned, they are from my iPad, so they are a bit grainy.  I will scan them eventually, these will do for now.
Your sweet little profile

Workouts: Soccer on Saturday and Sunday, training with Sybil on Monday, Thursday, and Friday, wakeboarding/wakesurfing on Saturday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

Cravings:  Oranges!

Symptoms: My "special" pain (I might dedicate a blog to this sometime this week) and I still look fat!

Love,

Your Mama

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea with the cake and "revealing party"! So happy for you guys, little boys are very sweet :)

    ReplyDelete