Friday, May 27, 2011

21 Weeks

Hey Little Buddy,

You are now 21 weeks and still growing like a weed!  I finally noticed a real baby bump, when I lay on my back my stomach no longer sinks in, but now stays in a nice little bubble.  They say you are the size of a large banana and still practicing digestion, swallowing, etc.  The websites say that you should be between 10-11oz, but you were much larger than that a week and a half ago...so you are somewhere over 13oz now.  I feel you moving all the time, it used to be just after I ate, but now you are moving non-stop throughout the day.  The only time you slow down is when I exercise, it must soothe you to sleep.

This week was a lot of fun even though I am no longer playing soccer.  On Saturday I did the Down and Dirty 5K Mud Run with your dad and some friends.  It was an absolute blast.  I was in pretty severe pain for most of the run and had to go SUPER slow, but I would do it again in a heartbeat!  They say that the race was 5K, but I'm pretty sure that it was quite a bit longer than that judging by the times of the fastest runners.  Sure, there were obstacles and lots of steep hills, but it still shouldn't take a well trained athlete 31 minutes to finish (that was the time of the first place runner).  Aside from the trail running and steep hills, there were several obstacles that included log hurdles, over-under logs, a huge squishy mat, fallen trees to climb over, tires, 2 agility ladders, an A frame wall of slippery logs to climb, a straight up wall to climb, a mud pit to run through, a mud pit to low crawl through, a pond to wade/swim through, and a very soupy mud pit that transformed to a pond to low crawl through at the very end.  I could not have had a better time!  After we came home and got the mud off we took a nap, had lunch, and then went to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie.  It was good, but not the same without Orlando Bloom and Kiera Knightly, oh well, Johnny Depp still makes one attractive pirate!  Here are some of the mud run photos for your enjoyment!
Down and Dirty Mud Run!

Free tix to the Gun Show...You're welcome...

Dad's ready to go!

Angie, Courtland, and I at the beginning (Grey, yellow, and black shirts)

Speed Demon



Yes...I look huge in this picture...it pops out when I get tired.

Big downhill...it was pretty slick

Log hurdles

Almost done...only 1 mud pit to go!

The pit



It was pretty soupy by the time we got there



I am a swamp creature

muddy love

You finished 1st in your age group, Baby C (I was the only pregnant person running)

HHC BDE

The worst part, by far, was the hosing off at the end...it was FREEZING!!!
Courtland and Trey, we will miss you dearly!
The rest of the week was pretty uneventful, just the usual M/W/F workouts with Sybil.  We did have to bid farewell to two of our good friends, that is by far one of the suckiest parts of living the Army life.  We had Courtland and Trey over for dinner Wednesday night and sat around to chat for one last time before they departed for Georgia.  It was so sad saying goodbye, we had grown quite close to them, hopefully we will be close in the near future.  This is something that you will have to get used to and I'm sure will never be easy, but we will go new places and make new friends.  I've heard that its a pretty small Army, lets hope that is true.

Workouts: Saturday was the Mud Run, M/W/F were training with Sybil/Melissa.

Cravings: Fruit, esp. Pineapple!  and ice cream

Symptoms: SPD

Keep baking, little dude!!!

Love,

Your Mama

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun doing the run...can't imagine doing that one AT all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that looked like a lot of fun! You two crack me up!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete