Hey buddy,
Its been a while since I've updated, I apologize. We have been quite busy and I have kind of enjoyed not having the computer on. I''ll give you a quick update on week 32 and then move on to 33, because I failed to do that one on time too.
During the 32nd week of your growing we had to bid farewell to our beloved boat and the west coast. We started on our cross country journey on Sunday morning and made our way down to southern California where we hopped on I-40, where we would spend the next 5 days. We even saw a sign for Wilmington, NC (there is a sign for Barstow, CA on the NC side of I-40) and since I missed the photo op I made your dad turn around so that I could get a picture! We stopped for the night at a hotel in Flagstaff, AZ after about 12 hours on the road.
Monday morning, we woke up and visited the Grand Canyon. It was very cool and my first time seeing it from the ground, but I was not up for hiking and we were both kind of itching to get further into our trip, so we left after a little bit to head back to Flagstaff for lunch. After lunch we set out for Albuquerque, NM. We arrived around 8 pm and were able to relax in the hotel for a bit before heading to dinner (just across the parking lot). We stretched our legs and backs and then crashed for the night.
Tuesday morning, we hit the road for Oklahoma City. We stayed with a friend of ours that is stationed there and we heard our first thunderstorm in a year and a half! I was so excited. It was a lot of fun to visit with Q and meet his girlfriend. We really appreciated the bed to sleep in too! On a side note, it had been so hot in OKC that the water pipes had been cooked and there was no COLD water in the city! The water out of the hot water side was cooler from running through the building to be heated! Holy moly, I hope Lawton isn't having the same issues!
On Wednesday, we set out for Nashville, TN. Upon arriving in Nashville we ate dinner at the famous Loveless Cafe, which had wonderful biscuits and jam. All of the food was great and we were glad to randomly find the little place. We then headed to my cousins, Chad and Kristi's, house. They opened their home to us so that we would not have to stay in a hotel and were more than welcoming. Their kids (who I have not seen since they were babies) were all grown up and so much fun to get to know a little bit. Your dad and Kristi unwound with a few beverages and we all decided that it would be best if we spent one more night there.
On Thursday we woke up late and headed downtown to visit the Country Music Hall of Fame. It was pretty cool, we also got to visit Studio B where Elvis and Dolly Parten recorded many of their hits, along with many other famous musicians. When we returned to the house we played some board games then hit the sack to rest up for our final day of driving (at least for 2 weeks).
We ended up leaving Nashville around noon on Friday to head to Raleigh and after about 10 hours of driving we finally were back on the east coast. We chatted with my mom for a while before crashing for a good 11 hours. It was so nice to finally be home!
Workouts: I obviously did not do anything while on the road...BAD MARIANNA!
Cravings: Fruit and healthy food since we ate so much garbage on the road.
Symptoms: Achy back and swollen feet:
Love,
Your Mama
Please excuse my spelling and grammar errors, I did not proof read this at all!
No comments:
Post a Comment