We have definitely been going nonstop for the last week. You continue to grow and find more uncomfortable places in my abdominal cavity to hang out and I continue to complain about it. You are about 4lbs now and roughly 19 inches long. You won't grow too much more in length before you get here, but you will probably at least double in weight. Feel free to stop packing on the pounds around 7 though. I think you are starting to get to the point where you are having as hard of a time getting comfortable as I am...we are almost there though.
There was a lot that happened this past week, so I will try to spare some details and give only highlights. I will also try to keep everything straight...I'm at the point where I need a vacation from my vacation.
On Saturday your grandmother's friend, Linda, threw a baby shower for us. It was very nice and there were a lot of people there. Many of them I did not know or had only met once or twice, but it was so nice to have so much support and so many people welcoming you with such love. You got lots of beautiful gifts (I will highlight some in my favorite baby items section), many of which were hand made. After the shower we returned to the house to swim and hang out with close family and our dear friends, the Distifenos. That was a lot of fun and it was valuable time spent with people that we care a lot about.
Sunday we took the boat out to Lake Berryessa...it was GREAT! It was a beautiful, warm, and sunny day and your Uncle John was a complete spaz as usual. He was filming the drive up and cracked us up with his crazy antics. He also filmed a lot on the boat, hopefully we will get to see some of that footage soon and I might even be able to post some on here. This boat trip with John went significantly better than the last time we went out with him (a year ago when we had the boat accident). The only real mishap was when we went to drop John off at the dock and he fell off the boat...that was something that we could all laugh at immediately though. NO INJURIES!!! We had a wonderful day!
Monday was spent running errands, paying bills, and shopping around for you. It was pretty uneventful and felt good to get the majority of our bills for the month paid. It is quite cheap being homeless!
We spent Tuesday and Wednesday up in Sonora boating and spending time with your dad's Aunt Marsha. We got up to Lake Don Pedro on Tuesday around noon, spent a few hours just exploring the lake, and then headed to Marsha's for dinner. We stopped in and saw your dad's cousin, Tony, for a short bit before enjoying a delicious pasta dinner at Marsha's house. After getting cleaned up we watched a movie (I fell asleep) and then headed to bed to get ready for another fun day on the boat. Wednesday, we went to Lake Tulloch and it was AWESOME! The water was so cool and refreshing and provided a nice break from the dry heat. We took some random kid (Marsha knew his family) with us, so we were able to wakeboard and he showed us around the lake. When we took a break from wakeboarding we headed to a spot on the lake where there was a rope swing and there were several boulders/cliffs to jump off of. I refrained from jumping and swinging, but your dad enjoyed what the lake had to offer. We headed back to Alamo around 4 and grabbed some In-N-Out for dinner (mmm...my favorite!).
| Lake Don Pedro |
| Rope swing at Lake Tulloch |
| Boulder jumping at Tulloch |
We headed down to Monterey to visit the Distifenos on Thursday and met up with them right around lunchtime. We ate down on the pier before heading to a candy shop to send ourselves into sugar comas. We then headed back to their new home to hang out and watch the kids swim. I definitely would have joined them in the hot tub if I wasn't cooking you, but hot tubs are bad for unborn babies...so no cooking for me! When they were done swimming we ordered some pizza and everyone else kicked off our final hurrah together. It was definitely an epic night and we were glad to join them in their new home for one last night of madness. When we woke up in the morning we headed to the beach to look for beach glass and had a few good finds. Then we enjoyed some Starbucks since it was a little Washington-like outside and went to the farmer's market for brunch and fresh fruit. My back started to hurt from the walking around and my ankles began to swell (which translates to I started to get grouchy) so we decided that it was time for us to head back to Alamo. We bid one final farewell to our dear friends (and yes, I cried AGAIN) before hopping back into the car for our trek back to the house. When we returned we soaked up some sun in and by the pool before a dungeness crab dinner.
| Monterey |
| Cute Distifenos! |
| Brian on the pier |
| Typical...wow...I am getting huge |
| Will ready for his sugar coma |
| Emma is so happy with her chocolate! |
| Scanning the beach for beach glass |
Sunday, we will hit the road for NC! I can't wait to see my family, friends, and of course...the kitties!!!
Workouts: Wakeboarding...I have otherwise been lazy. I have been dying to workout...so much, in fact, that I had a dream about working out with Sybil.
Cravings: Fruit and chocolate
Symptoms: Swollen feet and ankles with too much activity, SPD, achy back, and I have been incredibly irritable.
Love,
Your Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment