Wednesday, December 7, 2011

9 Weeks/2 Months: Run Mama, Run!


Snuggle time with KC Monster

Hey little Munchkinator!

You are two months old now! Time is certainly flying, its crazy. You are just a little growing machine and as sweet as ever. I think you are getting cuter every day! You had your 2 month check-up yesterday and it went pretty well. I'm not gonna lie...I was having anxiety about it for a little over week. You see, I HATE shots and have ever since I was a baby. My mom said that I would scream all the way home. You, however, are a little champ and only cried for a few seconds. You seemed more irritated that the nurse was holding your legs than anything. I picked you up and loved on you to calm you down (and I didn't cry!) and then put you back on the table to change your diaper. As soon as I laid you down you started smiling at me, it was the sweetest thing and it mended my broken heart to see you smile. I felt so guilty for taking you to get poked and you having no idea what you were in for. Overall, I think the experience was only mildly traumatic for both of us. You slept the rest of the day.

In other news, we got our Christmas tree decorated, its small, but its pretty. There was no reason for us to get a huge tree just to leave for Christmas. We will get a big one next year. Here is a photobomb of the progression of our tree:
Phase 1: Tree is naked and standing crooked

Phase 1: Tree decorations all laid out



The pain in the ass bows that I made last year




Phase 2: Tree skirt on

Phase 2.5: Brian and Mikey straightening the tree

Phase 3: Lights!

Phase 4: Bows

Phase 5: Gold spiraly things

Phase 6: Ornament sets

Phase 7: Personal ornaments


Mikey's first tree


Brian didn't get the memo to let some of the tree in the picture

Tastey baby fingers!


Close up of the bos that I made

First family ornament: A wedding gift


I had this made at Ft Lewis last year, we will get one made every year

2ID



My little elf chillin in his bumbo


Sam and I have continued taking you and Hartley on our runs. We are running at a faster pace and father distances simultaneously, its nice to see improvement every time we go out. On Sunday we ran 4.4 miles at an 11.12 min pace. Still slow, but our goal is to run the half marathon at a 10 minute pace. We aren't to the point where we are enjoying the runs quite yet, but we are able to converse and enjoy each other's company as well as spending time with out precious babies.
Our workout schedule over the last week is as follows:
Tuesday we ran 3 miles
Wednesday I did TRX
Thursday we ran 3 miles
Friday = REST!
Saturday I did TRX
Sunday we ran 4.4 miles
Monday I stretched and did TRX

Saturday night we went with Lauren and Brian to Chickasha to see their light festival. It was pretty cool, definitely better than the one in Lawton. It was cold though and you didn't seem to be too thrilled to be outside. You fussed a bit so we did a little walking before returning to the car and drove the rest of the way through.

Like I mentioned earlier, you had your 2 month check-up. You now weight 15lbs!!! You are my little beast! Everyone always comments on how strong you are and the doctor confirmed that you are, indeed, and strong little boy. You are 24.5 inches...so you have broken the 2 foot mark! Your height, weight, and head circumference are in the 98th, 99th, and 97th percentile respectively. No growing problems for my boy!

I think that's all for now! Enjoy the photo bomb!


snuggle time in the rocker

Adorable outfit from Kim




9 Weeks!!


Love,

Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment