*No pictures in this post...I may update later with photos*
As we bid farewell to 2011 it is kind of fun to look back at the year that has just gone by. The year has held its fair share of ups and downs. It was full of laughs, tears, memories, new friendships, and a sweet new baby. I feel like as I get older the years are going by quicker...wow! This time last year I was snowboarding on Crystal Mountain with my husband, Josh Arndt, and Trey Colantonio. We then headed back to our house to go to a new years party at the Distifenos' house, which was a blast and included a polar plunge! Little did I know that about 2 weeks later I would have my sweet little man growing inside my belly...crazy to think!
In an attempt to keep this short (which I usually fail at) I am going to write this post in bullets.
A Year in Review:
-This time last year we were in Washington snowboarding...a lot!
-We were partying with some of our closest friends (and my first real military friends) Tricia and Chris
-We did a polar plunge into "Lake Tittycaca" at midnight
-We celebrated our first anniversary
-We found our that we were expecting our sweet little boy on February 1
-We had all the fun and adventures that came with pregnancy
-We went on a marriage retreat in Seattle
-We spent our first summer together, with our boat, in Washington together
-We got visits from many friends and family
-We sent our good friend, Joe, off to Afghanistan
-We moved to Oklahoma after visiting California and NC...both by car
-I decorated a house almost entirely on my own at 9 months pregnant
-We celebrated the birth of Michael Raymond on October 4
-We don't really know where time has gone since his arrival...it still feels like Halloween should be next weekend
-We bid farewell to a very close friend
-We spent Mikey's first Christmas in NC with family
-We were hoping to find out where our next duty station would be, but that got delayed...nothing like keeping us guessing
New Year Resolutions:
-I am going to start cooking 1 new meal a week
-I am going to incorporate more veggies into our meals
-I am going to run a half marathon at the end of February (and stick to my running schedule)
-Pending how my knees do I will run a full marathon at the end of the summer
-With the running and working out I would like to drop my body fat and lost about 20 more pounds by May
-I want to keep in better touch with my friends
-I am going to make Mikey's baby food once he starts solids
Those should keep me busy during the new year!
2012 holds lots of new adventures for us so keep checking in!
Here's to wishing you all the best as you ring in the new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment