Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Blogging Hiatus

Yes, I am still alive. I realize that I have been somewhat MIA for the past few weeks and here's why.

I wanted to maximize my time spent at home with my mom, sister, and friends before returning to what feels like a desert island. Upon returning to OK I had a ton of stuff to do, laundry for 3 of us, unpacking, cleaning, taking down Christmas, cleaning tree droppings, paying the pet sitter, catching up on bills, grocery shopping, the list goes on... It took me a good 4 days to get everything done (if that's what you want to call it). I feel like keeping my house clean is a never ending uphill battle...oh well, in that grand scheme of things its not all that important. Once I knocked some stuff off my list I got back at the exercise routine...I decided that my new year would start the Monday that I returned to OK, so that's when I got cracking on my resolutions. Since then I have kept up with my running (I think we are 2 weeks behind schedule) and I have cooked new recipes each week...including slow cooker recipes. Brian has spent a lot of time on the computer playing his new Star Wars game that Santa brought him, so I never got a chance to blog (its where all the pictures are).

Last Monday the people from the cable company came out to bury the atrocious wire running OVER our fence and across our yard and about an hour later we were disconnected from the interwebz and felt like we had been swallowed into a black hole. Let me back up...see...out where we live, in the middle of a bunch of cows the local cable company (Lakeview Cable) is the only internet provider. Thank God there is Dish Network and Direct TV out here because Lakeview Cable does not yet offer HD TV. GASP!!! I know...I half expected them to have dial up internet. Well...we may as well have dial up because our internet is retarded slow...I mean, when I upload my photo bombs which are anywhere from 20-50 pictures I have to leave it overnight. It reminds me of the early Napster days...back when it was free. So anyways, when we moved in (and bear with me here...I'm not super techy) they only offered the 1.5 internet (has to do with speed). They assured us that they would be offering the 3 in a few short weeks. In mid-October they finally finished the upgrade and we had them come out immediately to make the change for this. In doing so they ran a giant black cable over the top of our 10 foot tall privacy fence and across our backyard...which isn't small. It was so damn tacky. Fast forward to last Monday: I get a knock on the door (of course it was followed by a doorbell ring) about 5 seconds after I had put Mikey down for a nap. It was the cable company coming to bury the ridiculous cable through the yard...it only took them 3 months. So our yard looks normal again, but an hour later we lost internet that was not to return until 11pm tonight. OKLAHOMA FAIL!

So anyways, this will be all for tonight, I have a very important email to reply to. Keep your eyes peeled for several new blogs over the next few days. They will include Mikey's first Christmas, Mikey meeting friends, Our plane ride home, Mikey's sleep protests, An update on my New Year's resolutions (food and exercise), My first spin class, and anything else that I can't remember now that I have internet again. It feels so good to be connected again...a smart phone only gets you so far! Goodnight everyone!

Marianna

No comments:

Post a Comment