Friday, January 20, 2012

Mikey's First Christmas

It was a lot of fun for me to pick out gifts for Mikey and continue some of my Christmas traditions with him. Our internet here is terrible and it takes forever to upload any pictures onto here, so I am going to have to limit the amount that I do.  Its just irritating for me to write a post and then have to wait 3-4 hours before posting it.  In fact, I let the pictures upload all night last night and only 3 of the 40 uploaded...::ANGRY FACE:: Anyways, back to Christmas...
On Christmas Eve we had our neighbors over for a delicious dinner of Honey Baked Ham, turkey, and a bunch of wonderful sides and fruits.  After dinner we headed off to the "midnight" service at church.  It was really at 9:30, but it was the candlelight service, which has always been my favorite.  Mikey was a gem, he slept the entire service and didn't make a peep.  That was a huge relief because we were stuck in the middle of a pugh and the people sitting next to us were really rude.  The woman sitting next to me was smacking her gum in my ear so loudly that Brian had to ask her to stop (before I elbowed her in the face).  All in all the service was really good.  It was at the church that we got married in and I plan to have Mikey Christened there (just gotta figure out when). 

When we got home pretty much everyone went to be and my mom and I prepared for Santa to come the next morning.  It was fun being on the other side of things!  We had a wonderful sausage cheese bread for breakfast and had fun opening gifts.  We lazed around and napped most of the day before preparing for a huge dinner that evening.  Bill, his parents, our neighbors, and Maddi's friend all came...I never would have thought at 26 years old that I would still be sitting at the kids table.  We had filets, mashed potatoes, asparagus, apple salad, and all sorts of scrumptious appetizers.  The evening was a lot of fun and Santa was really good to all of us.  Mikey got lots of clothes, books, and toys and he has already outgrown a good number of his clothes!  My little growing machine!

tired after the xmas eve service

Santa came!!



Mikey's area


My corner

Brian's stuff




Ready to see what Santa brought!



Santa was good to Mikey







so much Christmas fun is exhausting!

Meeting crinkle bear


My mom read Hungry Caterpillar to him every morning...he loved it

Checking out his elf on a shelf






Kids table


Old people table

Wiped out






Neighbors with baby


Somebody has stolen Aunt Maddi's heart ;-)


Marianna

No comments:

Post a Comment