Friday, January 20, 2012

Catching Up

Here is an update on Mikey over the past several weeks:

I'm just going to go through some highlights of what he is doing and upload his weekly pictures.  A photobomb will follow!
-helps hold the bottle now
-grabs toys with his hands
-constantly drools and chews on hands
-sits up and pulls up to sit while holding my hands
-plays in the jumper
-sits in the bumbo
-does not pee through the night
-responds to his name (and many nicknames)
-giggles
-makes the cutest little smile with his eyes clothes when I blow raspberries on his tummy
-laughs when I make motorboat or fart noises with my mouth
-Chloe snuggles when I rock him to sleep
-eating 6oz every 3 hours
-grabbing his feet
-interacting minimally with other babies
-Grabbed KC's fur for the first time tonight!

We put away the bouncer and the pack n' play because he is too big for the bouncer and he is sleeping in his crib full time now!




Downtown Raleigh for New Years Eve

Early fireworks for the chiluns


Mikey meeting Christy

Snoozin with Aunt Maddi before our plane right back to OK




I came home to find that BOTH cats now love Brian


Concentrating hard on his new jumper


No outfit is complete without a nice layer of drool






Brian calls this his ewok suit

Bed time!




Every time I rock him to sleep Chloe feels the need to keep him warm

Here is an update on how my resolutions are coming along:

I have been really good about sticking to my workout schedule and have even picked up a new form of cross training!  I have had to flip flop a couple of workout days, but for the past 2 weeks I have been really good!  Last week I ran 2 miles and did some TRX on Monday, ran 3.5 miles on Tuesday and Thursday, went to spinning on Wednesday, and went to an ab class on Friday.  I also ran a whopping 5 miles on Sunday!!!

This week I went to spinning on Tuesday, Ran 4 miles on Wednesday, and I plan to run 4 tomorrow.  I'm also going to run in the Polar Plunge 5K on Saturday!

The 5 miles was really brutal, I had the stroller and it was pretty windy, but the 4 that I did yesterday was really easy, so I think I am definitely improving!

As far as the cooking goes, I have made quite a few new recipes!  I did white chicken chili in the crockpot, zucchini casserole, spaghetti carbonara, paleo stir fry, and a few other things.  I'll put the recipes and pictures on my recipes page here pretty soon.
Chopped veggies ready to go in the Paleo stir fry

Paleo Stir Fry

Sauce for Spaghetti Carbonara


Spaghetti Carbonara

Since finding out that we are stuck here for a while we will be making quite a few home improvements.  I'll post on those projects when we get to them!

I think that's all for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment