Tuesday, November 29, 2011

8 Weeks

Mommy's little elf!

Well, I've recapped Thanksgiving and my time with my dear friend, Katie...so there isn't a whole lot to update on this week.

I started my TRX workouts, its just not the same without Sybil :-(  I was going to run a 5K the morning before Thanksgiving, but I turned my alarm off in my sleep...so that didn't happen.  It was really cold anyways...mornings are overrated.  My weight loss is still at a plateau, but I think the jelly belly is reducing in size.  I am, however, kind of frustrated that the weight isn't just falling off though.  What's all this about how breastfeeding just makes the fat fall off?  Not for me!

On that topic...have I mentioned how much I absolutely HATED breastfeeding?!  I don't understand why people love it so much and how they can do it for years.  It made me grouchy and impatient with Mikey...so I stopped.  He is now getting bottles and we are getting along MUCH better.  I think we enjoy each other a lot more too.  Here is something that a friend posted on Facebook that I find absolutely HILARIOUS!


Forget that old advice about "gently rubbing your nipples with a towel." If you really want to feel ready to nurse, here's what to do.


Day 1
Gently rub your nipples with sandpaper.
Day 2
At bedtime set your alarm clock to go off every two hours. Each time it rings, spend 20 minutes sitting in a rocking chair with your nipples clamped by a pair of chip clips.
Day 3
Draw branching lines all over your chest with a blue-green marker, then stand in front of your bathroom mirror and sing "I Feel Pretty."
Day 4 
Open your already-crowded freezer and make room for five dozen plastic milk bags.
Day 5
Fit the hose of a vacuum cleaner over one breast and set on "medium pile." Turn off vacuum when nipple is three inches long. Switch breasts.
Day 6
Obtain "DO NOT CROSS" tape from your local police station, then wrap firmly around your chest. When your spouse asks about it, say, "Get used to it."
Day 7
Tape a water balloon to each breast and squeeze into a maternity bra. Repeatedly hook and unhook the nursing flaps with one hand while using the other to balance a sack of squirming puppies.
Day 8
Dine in the fanciest, snootiest restaurant you can afford, making sure to arrive with a big wet spot directly over each nipple.
Day 9
Record your mother proclaiming, "Just give the baby some cereal like God intended, and she'll sleep right through the night." Play in an endless loop at 1 a.m., 3 a.m., and 5 a.m.
Day 10
Slather your breasts with peanut butter, top with birdseed and stand very still in your backyard.
Day 11
Go someplace public -- a museum, a courthouse, the steps of your office building -- and stuff a lifelike baby doll under your shirt. Use the doll's arm to suddenly hike the shirt up past your collar bone. Lower shirt. Feign nonchalant smile.
Day 12
Suckle a wolverine.
Congratulations! You are now ready to nurse a baby. Maybe
Anyways, I emailed Sybil in desperation last night because I just can't seem to come up with creative TRX exercises and I want to drop like 20 more pounds (I'd like to look like I did my freshman year of college).  Thankfully she is going to be my savior once again and she also pointed me in the right direction for a good diet.  Maybe now I can get this Kardashian sized ass to shrink a little bit.  I seem to be holding all the baby fat in my butt and upper thighs.  Areas normally hidden by clothes, but we are trying to go to a wedding in Hawai'i in May...so HELLO BIKINI!  
In Baby C news, he is just smiling and babbling/cooing up a storm.  I walked into his room the other night to find him awake and staring at his mobile and laughing.  It was the cutest thing!  He has also done 2 nights in a row of 7+ hours of sleep!  It has been glorious!  The first night he did it he was in his crib and I had the baby monitor by my side.  Well...the baby monitor died sometime after Brian woke up and left...Bad Mommy!  Anyways, just before 8 I saw that the monitor was dead and sprung out of bed fully expecting to hear screaming when I walked into the living room.  Instead I heard nothing.  Now, fully convinced that my baby has suffocated because I did not take the cute bumpers out of his crib, I rush into his room.  He is once again awake and staring at his mobile babbling away and smiling.  He must really like his froggy mobile!  On top of the awesome stretches of sleep he is going right back to sleep after he eats, giving me some alone time in the morning.  I really hope this trend continues, its awesome to be able to get stuff done!
We picked out Baby C's first Christmas tree!  It was freezing and he spit up all over Brian, but it was fun.  We got all the ornaments out and have the tree in the stand and properly placed, we just have to decorate it.  Initially, I wasn't going to get a tree because we are leaving in about 2 weeks to head home, but since its baby's first Christmas I couldn't resist.  Its a small tree and there definitely was not the selection that we had at the "cut it down yourself" place in WA, but it was something that was important to me.  We will go pick out a huge, beautiful one with Baby C's grandma when we get home.  I still need to go get some ornaments...last year I went to a holiday show and had a really cute one made with our names, the year, and Ft Lewis on it.  I also picked up a 2ID ornament, and an annual Hallmark ornament.  This year I need to go get one made with Mikey's name, get a baby's first Christmas, an annual Hallmark, a Ft Sill, and an annual one for Mikey.  We are starting a tradition; each year we are going to get Mikey a Christmas movie and an ornament that we will give him on Christmas Eve.  Then, as a family we will watch the movie and he can hang his ornament.  This is something that we can do no matter where we are, something to make it feel like we are at home no matter what.  I'm excited about it!  
Ok...that's about it!  Photobomb time!

The reason I have to make the bed every day

Daddy and Mikey ready to find a tree
The "I just got spit up on" face
Found a tree!
Family picture by our tree!
Mikey and Mama by the our tree

"It was cold out there!"

Just chillin in my recliner
Something was clearly funny
Tryin out the Bumbo
Ceiling fans are AWESOME



Love,
Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment