| 7 Weeks: November 22, 2011 |
The temperature was wacky...75 one day, 40 the next. Is is summer or is it winter? That is still to be determined.
On Sunday evening one of my oldest friends arrived just to see you! Katie is one of my oldest friends, I can't believe we have been friends for over 20 years! We spent our short 2 days together reminiscing about birthday parties, her wonderful mother, running, and just catching up on life in general. Its crazy to recap the years and see the turn that our lives have taken. Katie is currently in her 3rd year of a JD/MBA at Stanford and is working on running an ultra-marathon on every continent. Yes...she is a real person, she is not an imaginary friend. She started running in college and really took to it, with the help of her mother she completed her first marathon. After she got addicted to the marathons and the thrill of the race she decided to pair travelling with her running. She completed the Mt Kilimanjaro Marathon, then the Everest Marathon. Since Katie never does anything halfway she figured she may as well run a marathon on every continent including Antarctica. Shortly after making this decision (which sounds crazy to most people) Katie had second thoughts. Not because it seemed like too big of a task or too difficult...no...it was because it was too easy. She upped her game and because marathons aren't difficult for her anymore she decided to do an Ultra-Marathon on every continent. She started by competing in the second most difficult foot race on Earth, the Marathon Des Sables. Its a 150+ mile race through the Sahara Desert where you carry everything you need on your back. She killed it! Second hardest was not good enough for her though. She is now training for the Badwater race, a ridiculously long race through Death Valley in July. I swear she is sane! To qualify she will be doing a 135 mile race (straight with no breaks) in Brazil in January. I know she'll do great!
Now that I have bragged about my amazing friend I just want to thank her and let her know how touched I am that she came out to the middle of nowhere, OK to visit us. It meant so much to me and it was so great to catch up!
The only real news with you is that you haven't pooped in like 3 days and its making you such a grouch. I'm about ready to call the pediatrician if you don't go or stop fussing soon because I don't like seeing my baby upset.
I have started training for a half marathon...maybe a full. I have to see if my knees can handle the half first though. In beginning my training schedule I also picked up with my TRX workouts. Its just not the same without Sybil, Courtland, Angie, Abby, and Melissa there...I MISS YOU GUYS!!! I started my training on Monday, here is what this week looks like:
Monday: Stretch and Strengthen-I ran 2 miles and did an hour on the TRX. I did stretch...kinda...and took a nice bubble bath.
Tuesday: Run 2.5 miles-I did 2.4
Wednesday: Run 2 miles or Cross train-I was going to run a 5K on post this morning but I turned my alarm off in my sleep...BLAST! I am going to do TRX after I finish this post.
Thursday: Run 2.5 miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 60 minutes Strength (TRX)
Sunday: Run 4 miles
| 7 Weeks post partum |
Photo Bomb:
| don't worry...he didn't actually give it to him |
| Snuggle muffin |
| Ready for our run! |
| ready to run with Hartley |
| Hanging with Aunt Katie! |
| Mikey LOVES naps with Daddy-O |
| Rolling on the floor with KC |
Love,
Your Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment