Hey little Munchkin Man,
I have been a BAD blogger. I really am trying to update more than once every two weeks, but every time you are sleeping during the day it is usually on me and I just want to snuggle with your cute little self. When you sleep at night...well...so do I. The days and weeks seem to mesh together as well...between changing wet/dirty diapers, cleaning baby barf off of you and me, and washing bottles I can't keep my days straight. Anyways, here come the updates from the last couple of weeks (to the best of my memory).
5 Weeks:
 |
| 5 Weeks: November 8, 2011 |
Well...you experienced your first earthquake...and I felt my first one. It was Saturday night and we were relaxing getting ready to go to sleep. I was snuggling you to sleep before putting you in your bassinet and all of the sudden we heard some really loud creaking, the lights flickered a little and the bed started shaking. I thought that the bed was going to fall apart...it scared the begeezus out of me! I'm sure that my eyes were wide as saucers and I looked at your dad. He looked surprised too and we both sat there in shock for a few seconds. I believe the words that came out of my mouth were "WHAT THE F*** WAS THAT?! WAS THAT A F****** EARTHQUAKE?!?!" He responded very calmly with "That or a huge gust of wind". He was about to go check the house out when I grabbed his arm and stopped him. Why did I do this? Well the answer is simple...whenever anything unusual happens I immediately assume that its someone trying to break into the house and kill me. I figured that the house was shaking because the break in was happening with a bulldozer. But Marianna, you just said the first words out of your mouth were asking if it was an earthquake! Yes, I know...that came out of my mouth, but my fear of burglars still overcame my body...crazy, I know. Anyways, it was apparently one of the biggest earthquakes to hit Oklahoma...I assume it is one of the only earthquakes to hit Oklahoma. It made for an exciting night.
Monday November 7, your dad had his 30th birthday! You and I spent the day in Wichita Falls with Lauren. We took advantage of the stores that Lawton does not offer...it was wonderful to finally hit up a Best Buy. Don't get me wrong, I have had my fair share of issues with the store, but when you don't have one nearby it is awesome to finally go into one. We started out by having lunch then heading over to the mall. I figured that you needed some actual winter clothes that are not pajamas. I was hoping there was a Baby Gap in the mall, but no such luck. They did, however, have a Crazy 8 that had some sick deals going on. I got you quite a few cute little outfits. They are all a tad big, but at the rate you are growing they won't be for long. We also hit up a decent grocery store, Ulta for make-up (this is very exciting to you, I know), TJ Max, and we got a keg of legitimate beer for the kegerator. Wow...I sound like an awesome mom. On our way home the sky was mighty dark and wouldn't you know it...there were tornado warnings. Oh, Oklahoma... Once your dad came home we gave him his cards and birthday gift before I headed into Lawton to pick up some wings for dinner. It was a beer and wings kind of night (not the same without Angie :-( )
My weight loss is still hovering around the same...I have lost maybe another 2 or 3 pounds, but nothing note worthy...so I'm going to spare myself any more photos until there is some real action to report.
 |
| 5 Weeks Post Partum |
Week 6:
 |
| 6 Weeks: November 15, 2011 |
We had a birthday celebration for your dad. We had some friends come down from OKC on Friday night to celebrate and we had people over on Saturday night too. We made Carolina BBQ, corn bread, and potato salad. Lauren made really good cole slaw and Sam made delicious mini cheesecakes with blueberry topping. I may or may not have eaten like all of the leftover ones. It was a lot of fun to hang out with friends.
Sunday night we left you with Lauren and Brian (I hope you were good) while we headed into Wichita Falls to have dinner and see
Trans Siberian Orchestra. I honestly didn't know what to expect, but they were AWESOME! I was able to score us some front row seats right in the center and it was so much fun! They band members were interacting with us and everything. The music, lighting, and pyro were all incredible, I think we are going to turn this into an annual thing (They do Christmas music in a rock form).
I had my 6 week check-up on Monday with the midwife...I love her. I am now cleared for any and all activity. Its time to find a soccer team or two and to start up my TRX and 1/2 Marathon/Marathon training! I am so excited. I am hoping that all the activity that I have been cleared for will help me to drop some more weight! Yahoo!
Enjoy the photo bomb!
 |
All 3 of my babies hanging out on the couch together.
The girls are watching out for Mikey! |
 |
| KC being really cute |
 |
| Play gyms...not just for babies |
 |
| Chunky Monkey at 5 weeks |
 |
| KC likes to hang out in odd places |
 |
| My boys :-) |
 |
| Melts my heart |
 |
| BIG smile! |
 |
| Big yawn |
 |
| Tummy Time! |
 |
| Sleepy boys |
No comments:
Post a Comment