I am a bit behind here, but I am adjusting to life on someone else's schedule...so I decided to just combine 3 and 4 weeks instead of posting late.
3 Weeks:
| 3 Weeks: October 25 |
| Ready to go out for my birthday dinner |
I increased my running speed and distance to a whopping 1.5 miles. I feel like I can actually run too!! I am confident that I will be able to run the 5K Turkey Trot on or around Thanksgiving! I have also been running in my Vibram Five Finger shoes. Yes, I know, they look completely retarded and they are BRIGHT blue, but I love them. I love the natural feeling (because its no secret that I hate shoes) and the breathability of the shoes. After working out barefoot with Sybil for so long and then having to wear shoes in a a gym I was having some serious hatred issues towards my shoes. I decided to get the VFFs and continued to workout in those for the last 2 months of my pregnancy. They were glorious and helped me in keeping my balance. Now that I am actually able to run in them I feel a huge difference in my stride (in a good way) and a lot of pressure taken off my knees. I like them so much that your dad decided that we wanted some barefoot shoes too (which he was so against). He didn't go with the VFF because he can't get over their appearance, he went with the merril minimalist shoe and he loves them. We are both developing beastly calves from the shoes (as if mine weren't beastly enough).
Week 4:
| 4 Weeks: November 1 |
When I made my appointment yesterday they tried to make me schedule with the asshole doctor that delivered you. I was not having any of it and basically said that if I could not see someone else then I wasn't going to come in at all. I told them that if that man touches me I will FREAK OUT. Once I made it clear that I will not be seeing Dr. Heirigs...yes, I have no problems calling him out...they promptly scheduled me with someone else.
My weight loss has kind of plateaued...I guess I am going to have to actually start working to drop more weight...oh well...I'll take the rapid 30lb drop as a gift and hope that my metabolism is still spiked. I received my TRX in the mail (my mom got it for my birthday), but have yet to use it because of the pain. I seriously can't wait to get at it, I have missed the beloved TRX. I was disappointed to see that the TRX did not come with Sybil included...I'm going to have to figure out how to trick her into moving to Oklahoma...that or figure out the whole cloning thing.
I got your dad a Kegerator for his birthday that is coming up...its awesome! We filled it with a pony of Full Sail Amber, a regional beer from the Pacific NW. Its brewery is in Oregon and I enjoyed it regularly at this delicious little place called Anthony's in Olympia. We wheeled the kegerator over to the Jones's house for their house warming party. Lauren cooked a delicious dinner and Brian grilled steaks. It was fun to sit around with our Deb ball posse (minus a few) and catch up. Evan drove down from Enid, he is currently going through flight school with the Air Force (he is going to be a Navy pilot) and will be here until February. He's going to be making a few more trips down and we might even make it up there to see him.
You gave me the first really tough day since we came home from the hospital...lets recap.
-I wake up to the internet guys coming to upgrade our internet...you were starving immediately upon waking and therefore started screaming.
-As internet guys are leaving you proceeded to projectile spit up on me...full on exorcist style. It appeared to be everything you had eaten for the past 3 days, I was completely soaked from chest to groin and you were COVERED.
-I clean you up, change you and your clothes and decided to feed you...in return you pee on me.
-I decide that its time for a bath...I bathe you and wrap you up in a towel and hug you close to warm you up...you pee on me again.
-I put you back into the bath tub and bathe you again...and upon picking you up to scrub your back and butt notice the large amount of baby poop floating in the tub...FML.
-On the brink of tears, I call your father...he doesn't answer...my vision goes blurry from the tears. I hear the garage door open...THANK GOD!
-He walks in the door all happy and chipper...I tell him its his turn and go to the bedroom to nap while he cleans you up.
I'm sure this will only be the first of many days like this...I feel like I have been initiated to parenthood.
WRONG! There is one more step (as far as I can tell) in the initiation process. While you expelled all 3 bodily functions in a rather inconvenient manner you only showered me with 2 of them. You saved the pooping on me for the next day. I had you dressed all cute in your seer sucker when I hear the poo-splosion in your pants. I look down and see it on the edge of your diaper, lift you and see it all over my shirt and pants...lovely. I then pull your cute overalls off and notice some on your arm. As I pull your white onsie up to change you and clean you up I notice there is poo all up your back...and caked in the onsie, and in your armpit...and in your hair...WTH?! Ok...bathtime. I soaked the clothes in oxyclean...that stuff is AWESOME! Your white onsie is white once again and the overalls are spotless! The clothing will live to see another day!
We also celebrated your first Halloween. We made several attempts to go to a pumpkin patch but there just aren't any in our area. The ones that I "found" online seem to not exist...so no pumpkin patch for you this year. Next year we will make a huge event out of it. We got Trick-or-Treaters on the 29th because it was a Saturday and the town moved it. I have mixed feelings on the moving of the holiday, last night seemed so lame, but I can definitely see why they did it that way. We ran out of candy...sad day.
| Cute little pumpkin butt! |
| kissing the booty |
Well, I think that's it for now...I'm hoping that I will be able to get back to working out soon...I can't wait to start talking about my workouts again and posting updated pictures! Happy 4 weeks buddy!
Here are photos from the last 2 weeks
| Snuggling with Daddy |
| You got a new toy in the mail |
| Acting like a man |
| You are a bit too large for this onsie...but it was so cute I HAD to get a picture of you wearing it! |
| KC babysitting |
| More pumpkin butt! |
| Snuggled in the boppy |
| Little soccer feet! |
| 4 weeks! Getting so big!! |
Love,
Your Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment