Thursday, May 3, 2012

30 Weeks: Catching Up


Well, I have been a bad blogger lately, but life got a little hectic.  I will do my best to briefly recap the past couple of weeks (if I can even remember what happened).



Mikey learned to pull himself up and cruise around the couch.  At first he would only pull up if your offered your hands to him since he could get the best grip that way, but now he looks for anything he can grab.  He wants to be up all the time and he wants to be free.  He is not a huge fan of his walker, he likes to cruise and turn as he pleases.  He is not doing a traditional crawl, but its not an army crawl either.  He does this funny inchworm thing, where he gets up like he is going to crawl and then propels him self forward pushing off with both legs at the same time.  Its kinda funny to watch and very effective.  He has also decided that he knows how to walk (even though his balance is definitely not there yet).  He keeps turning away from the couch, letting go, and trying to go places.  This always results in him wiping out and getting very mad that he is no longer standing.  We have had to drop his crib twice as a a result of his new found skills.
Driving his jeep

Checking out life on the couch

Picking out Daddy-O's new car

wuzzup?

He has also learned how to give kisses.  If you tell him to give kisses and pucker up he will plant a nice drooly kiss right on your lips...or the area around your lips because they are big open mouth kisses.  Sometimes he even tries to slip a little tongue in there!

Mikey met his grandparents (Brian's parents) for the first time.  They came to visit and babysit for us.  They drove from California and got in last Monday.  He had just woken up from a nap and was eating when they arrived so his initial reaction was a raised eyebrow, but he quickly recognized their voices and showered them with smiles and kisses.  They enjoyed spending time with him while I ran errands and tried to recover from this nasty head cold that found its way into my chest.  I was pretty worthless as far as entertaining goes because my body was craving sleep...and there isn't much to do around here anyways.  Mikey seemed to enjoy spending time with his grandparents and was entertained by the new toys they brought him.  They even hung out for the weekend while Brian and I had a baby free weekend in Houston for a friend's wedding!
Checking out the new quiet book from Grandma Vicki





"Its pretty cool, Mom"

tasting the quiet book



This guy looks a lot like Santa Claus

Kisses from Grandpa Ray







Okay...you can have some kisses too

"Did you really just take a picture of that, Dad?!?!"

Trying to get g'pa's glasses






New hat


Sharing his hat

"Okay, now I want it back!"



Kisses for grandma

Speaking of wedding...let me just tell you how awesome this weekend was.  Brian and I took off for Houston on Friday afternoon and trekked 8 hours down there.  I know that I have been to Houston, but I did not remember it AT ALL.  It was an awesome city, I wish we could have spent more time down there.  We might consider making the trip for a long weekend.  Anyways, we got down there and immediately got changed so that we could head to a welcome reception (since most of the guests were from out of town...Army life...).  It felt great to have a reason to dress up and enjoy some drinks.  When the reception concluded we went with some of our Deb Ball friends to a bar and decided to let loose a little bit.  We closed the bar and the best part was that we didn't have to wake up early to take care of anyone.  Sleeping in until 10 was AWESOME!  Since it has been quite a while since we have partied we spent most of the morning in the hotel room eating room service and getting ready.  Brian did venture out to get a haircut but a real barber, it looked GREAT!  I guess we have both become accustomed to the crappy haircuts that he gets on post.  When he returned we finished getting ready and headed over to the church for the wedding ceremony.  It was a beautiful ceremony and the bride looked gorgeous and classy (as she always does).  It was a Catholic wedding, so the ceremony was quite long, we both agreed that we are glad that we had a Methodist ceremony that took all of like 15-20 minutes!  After about 2 hours at the church we headed to the reception, which was held at this beautiful plantation style house that belongs to the bride's grandmother.  The place is named Heaven on Earth and rightfully so.  Its absolutely GORGEOUS!  We enjoyed a cocktail hour before making our way into the ballroom for the formalities, dinner, and some dancing.  Dinner was delicious, the cake was delicious, and the groom's cake was an awesome chocolate stetson!  I wish I had taken my camera.  We were seated with a girl whose mouth did not stop running the entire time we were there...so we have an ongoing joke that she is still talking.  She's still talking!!!  Ahhh!!!  When the formalities were over we hit the dance floor hard...and I'm not gonna lie, we kinda stole the show.  As most of you know, Brian was quite the swing dancer back in the day and has taught me.  We make a pretty mean team!  Even though we can't remember the last time we danced together we tore it up!  Lots of people complimented us on our dancing and before we knew it the night was over :-(  We then headed back to the hotel for the after party.  The bride's father had a fully stocked bar in his suite and invited everyone to come enjoy!  It was SO much fun!  We stayed out until about 3 am.  Before we left on Sunday morning we attended a farewell brunch at the Bride's parents' house.  The food was awesome and there was another fully stocked bar, complete with bartenders!  What a wonderful vacation it was for us.  Thank you to my in-laws for giving us a baby free weekend!  *Sorry, we left the camera at home :-(

On our way home we stopped for lunch at a Mexican restaurant where I received a phone call from one of my best friends.  She was calling to let me know that she is now ENGAGED!  I am so happy for you, Brittany!!!  I can't wait for your wedding!

Two of our friends that are now stationed here for Captain's Career Course arrived on Monday evening!  We went out to dinner with them Tuesday night and had them over last night.  Its going to be a fun time, I am so glad they are here.  I am now going to have someone to hang out with during the day.

Mikey's Uncle Joe got back from Afghanistan and we could not be happier!  I am so happy he is safe and sound and I don't have to worry about him anymore...we after his road trip is complete anyways.  Brian will be flying out to Alaska soon to help Joe drive to Georgia and also to pick up our other baby...THE BOAT! I can't wait to get it out here, its going to make life in Oklahoma significantly less miserable.

I am now almost 2 weeks in to month 2 of Insanity.  Its kicking my butt, but I am losing weight, so I don't mind!  I made Buffalo Chicken Pasta. I'll post my new recipes soon...I haven't typed them up in a while.

yeah...so I forgot to take a picture of the final product

My little sister turned 21 today!  Happy birthday, Shithead!  I hope you have a wonderful day...even though you don't actually read my blog, you just look at the pictures.  Its okay...I would probably do the same.
May 3, 1991


In case you missed my last update, I signed up for Team in Training and will be raising money and running a marathon in November for cancer research.  Please click the tab on the right and donate if you've got a few spare dollars!  Thanks in advance.  I'll update on training once that gets underway!





hiding



Reading








Marianna

No comments:

Post a Comment