Hello all!
I have been a bad blogger again, but Mr. Munchkin Man has become quite a bit more active and is starting to reduce his naptime...so we are in an adjustment period. He is developing so fast its not even funny! On Saturday May, 5, Mikey crawled for real for the first time. He had been doing this inchworm thing that he is very fast at, but as we were drawing up some rules for a game I looked up and he was crawling for real. He also stood up and balanced on his own. Chris was babysitting him and said that he just stood up without anything to help him! I have not had the pleasure of seeing him do that, but he definitely keeps trying! He is also pulling up to stand in his crib. I find him either sitting or standing in there every time I go to get him, it kind of makes me nervous. The kid can climb, so he will be escaping before we know it! He pretty much runs in his Jeep, I'm kind of worried when he runs into things because he moves so fast. I think we have an athletic one on our hands! He also ate actual solids for the first time. I gave him a sweet potato fry to munch on last night and he absolutely loved it. I gave him a small one and you could tell that he felt like such a big boy. Brian gave him one next and he swallowed the thing whole! Way to give Mama a heart attack! We also gave him so tiny pieces of cut up chicken. He absolutely loved it and did great with it! I think we are going to start giving him little portions of our meals (as long as he's tried the food before and its not heavily seasoned or marinaded). I can't believe how quickly my little man is growing up!
I have tried lots of new recipes this week because I am doing a 10 day weight loss challenge with
Beachbody (the company that sells
Insanity,
P90X, and a whole lot of others). I was VERY hungry the first few days, but the diet actually has lots of delicious foods on it! My favorite lunch has been the turkey hummus wrap and my favorite dinner was flank steak with mushrooms, onions, and asparagus. I generally don't like asparagus, but it turned out alright. The diet also has us replacing one meal a day with
Shakeology, I generally do this for breakfast. It also requires 30 minutes of exercise a day, which I have covered, and then some, with Insanity. The diet has us eating 5 times a day in reasonable portions. The foods are all very low calorie, but you would be surprised at how flavorful the meals are! I am 5 days into the challenge and down 7.4lbs! I have also lost over an inch around my chest, waist, and hips! If you are interested in doing a challenge let me know, I will hook you up with my Beachbody coach! She is so supportive and knowledgeable about the system. There is also a Facebook support group that has helped keep me on target when I have craved unhealthy stuff. I'm hoping to lost another 5 lbs by the end on the challenge!
 |
| Getting really excited about Mickey Mouse |
 |
| My awesome new Dyson!! |
 |
| Check out those chompers! |
 |
| Yep! Time to lower the crib again! |
 |
| Hi Mom! |
 |
| Playing with Daddy's video games! |
 |
| The other controller needs to come down too |
 |
| and the Rock Band microphone |
 |
| He thought he should pull down Insanity too |
 |
| and RevAbs |
 |
| and the Wii-mote charger |
 |
| This one is for the ladies |
 |
| The "End" |
Marianna
No comments:
Post a Comment