Sunday, May 20, 2012

NautiGirl

At 4 o'clock Friday morning, Brian and Joe returned from Fairbanks Alaska with this beautiful girl:





I can't tell you how awesome it was to get on the boat for the first time in almost a year!  We took her out on Saturday despite windy and choppy conditions.  Mikey experienced his first boat ride and was a total champ!  He LOVED it!  He wore his lifevest without any complaints and had pretty good sea legs as he navigated the watercraft that we will spend most of the summer on.  He loved all the ropes, bouys, and switches...I think he's going to be a water baby!





It was a tad bit chilly before the sun broke the clouds




Helping Daddy drive


It was REALLY windy and they were getting sprayed...not too thrilled




We wakeboarded for a bit and I can't tell you how awesome it was to get back into the water.  It is also considerably easier to wakeboard when you are not carrying a large baby in your uterus!  I felt so light and strong, probably because I am about 30-40lbs lighter than I was last time I went.

Joe stayed for the weekend and I have to admit that I almost cried when I saw him.  I did she a few tears when he took off for Afghanistan a little over a year ago, he is like family to us, he may as well be my brother!  I took a lot to fight back the tears when seeing him for the first time since his safe return.  We are just so happy that he is home, safe, and going to be in a location where we can actually see him!  Mikey loved Uncle Joe and even gave him some kisses this morning before he left.  It was quite the fabulous weekend!
Drive safe, Uncle Joe!

Kisses for Joe







No comments:

Post a Comment