Hey Baby C!
We got to see your cute little self again right at 12 weeks...here's the update.
Aunt Maddi came to visit a few short days after Uncle Joe left. We spent the first couple days just watching basketball, after all it is March Madness. This is a time of year you will come to love (and it will drive your dad CRAZY). We watched the Tar Heels pull out a couple close wins, they just haven't been the same team since they beat Duke, but that's the important win. Anyways, we ran a few errands, played Mario Kart and watched all of our favorite shows, it was nice to relax with company. Uncle Joe came back on Thursday and thanks to your dad's commander we all got to go to Seattle for a fun filled day on Friday. We took an SubSeattle tour, which was literally below the streets of Seattle, it was a lot of fun, and later went out to dinner with one of Uncle Joe's good friends from West Point. It was a fun and exhausting day.
The really exciting part of the day for you dad and I was at 8 am though. We went in for the first part of the integrated screen which consisted of blood work and and ultrasound! Bloodwork was eh...we all know how I feel about needles...that is obviously something that I am going to have to get over. The ultrasound was amazing though! I asked if I could get a picture and was told "no" so then I asked if I could take one on my phone to which I was also told "no". Gee...thanks Army for making this pregnancy so special and memorable. Since I have no pictures to post of you I will just have to describe what we saw. We were able to see your tiny heart beating again and even hear it this time! It was amazing. Your little ticker was pounding away at 174 bpm. We also got to see the crown of your head, your developing spine, you little feet and thighs, and a cute little profile shot. I was anxious to see whose nose you were cursed with, mine or your dad's, but you were not ready to reveal that yet. You had your tiny little hands over your face...the same way that the cats sleep. I can see that the three of you will get along just fine. The ultrasound tech tried her best to get you to move, but you were snoozing away. She tried to bounce you, but you were not phased, I hope this is how you will be in real life, super chill. On top of the adorable shot of you with your hands over your face you also showed us that you had your little ankles crossed. Oh how I can't wait to see your face!
On another note, we started telling all of our friends about you! Everyone has been so excited to learn about you, I can't wait to have pictures of you to show! We still have not gone Facebook official, so I am still going to hold out on revealing the blog...but soon. I think we have most of the important people in our lives up to date, I just want to make sure before random people start becoming informed. Anyways, on to the usual.
Workouts: I haven't been as good about working out this week. I didn't play soccer on Sunday due to the ankle injury and I only worked out 2 days with Sybil (Wednesday and Thursday).
Cravings: Cravings are still oranges and grapefruits. I'm thinking that this indicates that you are a girl.
Symptoms: Just a little fatigue, I think its getting better though!
Can't wait to see you again on April 26!
Love,
Your Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment