Today itself has not been the greatest, but its not because of you in any way. You see, our lovely government wants to shut down and do you know what that means? It means that we will not be getting our paycheck on time...we don't know when we will get paid. Luckily we got half of our pay already, so if the gov't does shut down then we at least have something for the second half of the month...but sheesh!
This week started out absolutely amazing! My dear friend, Angie, who I play soccer with surprised me with your first gift! They were a precious pair of infant soccer cleats. I can not wait to put them on your tiny feet! The only bummer was that just prior to getting your precious, tiny shoes I messed up my ankle again. It was HUGE! The national championship basketball game was on Monday and Butler lost for the second year in a row. It was kind of sad, but both teams played pretty crappily...so neither one really deserved it in my opinion. You will learn to love basketball despite your father's efforts, its in our blood!.
Thursday night your dad headed out to Yakima for 2 weeks, bummer. I thought I had gotten over the separation anxiety, but apparently not, I got all sad and mopey, and had issues sleeping when he left. Poor guy hasn't had much sleep at all in the past few days. He made it to Yakima safely though and is now sleeping soundly (I hope).
Workouts: I resumed with soccer again on Saturday and Sunday. I did manage to tweak my ankle again though. I took Monday and Tuesday off for recovery and it was needed! I continued to work out with Sybil in her new studio (which I love) on Wednesday, Thursday, and Today/Friday. She kicked my butt like she normally does!
Cravings: CARBS! All I want is pasta and grapefruit!
Symptoms: NONE!! My fatigue seems to have subsided and I escaped the first trimester untouched by nausea!! WOOHOO!
Mood: Happy and Stressed. I am happy because we are celebrating a new step in this journey, but stressed because I don't know if we are going to get our full paycheck this month.
That's all for now!
Love,
Your Mama

No comments:
Post a Comment