Friday, April 15, 2011

15 Weeks: Home Sweet Home!

Hey Baby C,

Another week has passed and you are growing bigger and bigger!  You have almost doubled in size in the last week, you are about the size of a naval orange and weighing in at roughly 3 ounces.  You are now able to sense light and are practicing your breathing and sucking!  You are turning into quite the little fetus! 

Diaper Cake that I made for Sam's baby shower
This week has been wonderful!  It started off with your dad leaving for Yakima and I was sad to send him off, but knew that I would be busy.  Saturday we played outdoor soccer and it was still nice and muddy.  I don't think I could have grown up playing soccer in Washington.  After that I went home and prepared to head off the to Mariners opening weekend series.  They lost, but it was still fun.  My mom, your grandmother had bought tickets for your dad and I as a first anniversary gift.  They were club level seats about as close to home plate as we could get!  Since your dad was off playing soldier and camping I invited our friend, Angie, to go with us (her husband is deployed and will miss their anniversary, so we had our own anniversary celebration!).  We had a great time and were exhausted by the time we came home.  On Sunday I spent the day cleaning and preparing for my friend, Sam's, baby shower.  She will be having a little on in June that will most definitely be your first friend!  The baby shower was at 2 and was a great time, it was so much fun to just sit around and talk with friends that we had not hung out with in a while. 

 Monday was uneventful, but on Tuesday I flew home to Raleigh!  I was so excited to come home, the weather has been beautiful!!  On Wednesday I was able to get my hair cut and lay out in the sun for about an hour.  Thursday, I spent a few hours out in the sun before going to get my chompers cleaned and then seeing Franny's new baby boy!  He is absolutely adorable and you two will surely be friends!  Today I spent another successful day sun bathing (the weather has been PERFECT!) and then went shopping for you with my mom!  It was fun, but a little bit overwhelming.  I think we made some decorating decisions, but we won't know for sure until we know if you are a girl or boy.  I am so thankful to be home and am lucky enough to have a couple more days here. 

Oh...and on a positive note, the government did not shut down so we received our full paycheck this term.  That always makes for a good week!

Workouts: I played soccer on Saturday, but sat Sunday out.  I have been worthless the rest of the week.

Cravings:  All the restaurants from home that I can't get in WA.  However, most have upset my stomach.  So far I have gotten Cookout, Imperial Garden, and Jersey Mike's.  I still have to get Kanki and my beloved Philly's!

Symptoms: Food aversion to meat.  I am eating it anyways though.

That's all for now!!

Love,

Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment