Friday, June 10, 2011

23 Week: Baby C Has a Girlfriend!

Hey Little Dude!


This week started off with quite a bit of excitement!  First lets go over your growth.  You are now the size of a Papaya and probably nearing a pound and a half.  They say that you are about 11 inches long, so you've almost broken the one foot mark!  I would say that you look like you are going to be a basketball player, but your foot action tells me soccer :-).

Now, on to the fun stuff!  Saturday and Sunday were beautiful boat days and we were able to get a little bit of wakeboarding and surfing in.  Your dad jammed (we thought he had broken) 2 of his fingers and they are still huge and purple.  They are starting to look a lot better though.  He came home Monday afternoon with big metal splints on both fingers, it looked pretty funny, I had to take the opportunity to make fun of him because he always makes fun of me when I hurt myself.  His story is that he was wakeboarding when he did it, but the real story is that he was getting ready to wakeboard.  He jumped into the water and hit his fingers on the platform in the back.  He was still able to land several 180s and go tubing for the first time and have fun doing it.

Sunday morning we got a text message from Josh saying that he and Sam where at the hospital getting ready to have their baby girl, and another text around lunch time saying that Baby Hartley Dawn had arrived! She is beautiful, so I am hoping you can win her heart over with your dashing good looks.  She was born a healthy baby girl with a head full of red hair, she is the perfect mix of her mom and dad and she made my heart melt when I held her.  After we got home from the lake I was able to rinse off and go see Baby Hartley.  Sam was and is doing great and the whole family is at home now.  Your dad and I visited again on Monday and I was lucky enough to be their photographer as they were leaving the hospital.  We are so happy for them and can't wait for you to meet your first girlfriend!!  When I was holding Baby Hartley you were just kicking away, I hope that means that you liked her.  *I am not going to post any close-ups of her because I have not asked Sam and Josh yet*

Inaugural  Visitor!  Holding your sweet little girlfriend!

Your dad and Josh working together to swaddle Baby Hartley.  It was so sweet!


Last week, Sam and I had gone back to that pottery painting place that we went for the Coffee to do a few more pieces.  I had plans to paint a plate that would be made into a clock, but I don't have your bedding yet and you don't have a name (I was going to put your name and a little frog to match your bedding), so I held off and painted a piggy bank instead.  I dedicated it to UNC (DUH!) and put little Tarheel feet all over it, as well as writing Tarheel Fund on it.  This way we can start collecting change and get you excited about going to Carolina in about 18 years ;-).

Yes...I am ghetto and took these pictures in the car...while driving.
Well, I think that wraps up the exciting events for the week, happy growing, little one!

Workouts: Training with Sybil on M/W/F, Wakeboarding/wakesurfing on Friday and Saturday

Cravings: Fruit, esp. Pineapple and Ice cream

Symptoms: SPD, you kicking and dancing on my bladder.

Love,

Your Mama

1 comment: