Friday, June 24, 2011

25 Weeks: Things That Annoy Me

Hey Little Dude!

You are 25 weeks today and growing like a weed.  I can feel my stomach stretching and growing with you and my pants have become incredibly uncomfortable!  So much so, that you kick the bejesus out of them where they are tight.  Thanks for that.  You are now the size of a rutabaga and measure about 13.5 inches in length and still a little under 2lbs.  When I'm working out you feel much heavier than that though.  You are starting to open your eyes this week (although there is not much to look at) and your hair is starting to take on a color.  You are starting to chunk up with adipose tissue so that you will be cute and squishy by the time you are born instead of toothpick like.  Your brain development is now allowing you to respond to noises with a fluctuation in your pulse rate.


This past week I became very aggravated with the weather.  Your dad had a 4 day weekend and only one of those days was sunny and warm enough to take the boat out.  Saturday and Sunday we literally did nothing, which was nice for him, but I get antsy if we sit around for too long.  Monday, we tried to take a bike ride, but it was a little uncomfortable for me and your dad's back tire was not holding air, so we only did about 4 miles.  I was still able to break a sweat and get my heart pumping though, so that was a small victory.  We also had a doctor's appointment on Monday, it was short and sweet, but we did start to discuss what needs to be done before we move.  I was happy to see that I have only gained 5 lbs even though I feel like I've put on more.  The doctor was very happy about it and said that we look great!  I will have one more appointment and do my 1 hour Glucose test before we leave, then we get to start the fun process of getting registered at Fort Sill.

Tuesday, I attended a meeting for the All Ranks Ball that we are planning and then met your dad for lunch.  We were able to drop off most of his ACU''s to get his name tapes, Army tapes, and new rank sewn on.  Its going to be so nice to not have to rip 6 velcro patches off every time I do the wash.  They tend to get scattered everywhere and I think it will be a lot easier to consolidate the remaining patches.  Whoever came up with the velcro stuff on the uniforms was clearly a man and a moron.


Thursday, I got sucked into the Casey Anthony case for a few hours in the morning before heading off to pick up the uniforms.  I also finished painting the plate that I was going to turn into a clock for your room....but its not going to become a clock because right after I painted the face I realized that it would be right where the hands meet in the middle...epic fail!  Its ok, I can still mount it on the wall as a cute decoration.  I will post a picture next week when it gets out of the kiln.  I also looked at Michaels to see what all it would entail to make you a canvas growth chart.  I'm going to do it myself if I decide to do your wall art myself, otherwise, it won't be worth it to buy all of the supplies.  I would love to get back into painting though.  I got some other cute ideas for your room too, I need to wait and see what kind of space we will be working with though.  I finally broke down and bought some maternity clothes, I just couldn't take the way the jeans were fitting anymore.  I can't believe I didn't do this sooner, my new pants and capris are SO comfortable.  I got a few tops too, I needed a couple nicer things for some upcoming events.  It was a very productive day.

Friday is a cleaning day.  My Aunt Kris will be coming by on Saturday, so the house needs to be looking nice and sparkly.  I have kind of been putting off cleaning all week, so it needs to be done anyways.  Now on to something that has been on my mind.

Several things have been getting under my skin for the past several months and I think its time to lay them out there.  If you are one of the people participating in one or more of the activities listed below, please stop or be prepared to get an earful back.
~I am a very active person, I enjoy working out, I am going to continue to do so at a high intensity until I can't.  You do not know my body or what I am capable of, so STOP telling me to "take it easy" or "lay off".  I know what my body can handle whether that be wakeboarding, playing soccer, running, or busting my butt with Sybil.
~I know how much I need to eat and of what, I don't want to hear "you're eating for 2" again...its not true.  It is not necessary to eat 2 full adult meals each time I eat, Baby C weighs about 2 lbs, he doesn't need an entire steak to himself.
~I don't want to hear anything about weight, 5lbs is a perfectly acceptable weight gain by 25 weeks, I do not need to blow up like a blimp...that is NOT healthy.  Being pregnant is not a reason to become morbidly obese.  If I continue a healthy weight gain between now and when Baby C is born, I will be in the normal range of 20-35 lbs.  If I prefer to stay on the lower end of that range that is MY choice and you can deal with it.
~My pregnancy is NOT the same as yours.  My experience is not going to be the same as yours and I really don't want to hear every detail of yours.  I don't care how easy it was for you to name your child or how big your boobs got/are getting.  If I care, I will ask.
~Just because you are currently pregnant or have had 1 child does not make you the expert of all things pregnancy and child related.  I am very educated in anatomy and physiology, ask questions when I don't know something or want to know about something, and do my research.  I don't need your "expert" opinion and input on every damn thing I say.  If I want to know what you did in scenario X, Y, or Z I will ask you.
    ~There are a select few of you that say things that do not piss me off in this department, you know who    you are.
~Under absolutely no circumstance is ANYONE other than my husband or mother (or if we are close like that) allowed to touch my stomach.  I will not do the typical rub your belly back, I will backhand you...across the face.  Or punch you in the ovaries, whichever I see fit.

Condensed verion:
Don't tell me how things are going to be with me because they were that way with you, don't tell me what I can and can't do, and don't touch me. :-)


Now that I feel much better we can move on.

Workouts: Bike ride on Monday, workout with Sybil on W/F, does shopping count?

Cravings: Oranges and Pineapple

Symptoms: SPD

Love,

Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment