Hey there my little buddy!
We have officially entered the third trimester! Only about 12 more weeks, I can't believe how quickly we got here! I mean, sure, I have my days where I really would like my body back, where I would like to go on a run or hit a huge jump behind the boat, but I think I can wait 12 more weeks. I mean, we've already come 28...I'm just begging you to please be on time...none of this late business like I did to my poor mother.
You are now the size of a small cabbage, measuring around 17 inches long and weighing in at about 2.9 lbs. You are almost as long as you will be when you are born, we're expecting you to be a long baby because both your father and I had some length to us. From here on out you will be developing your little brain more and more and chunking it up so we have some nice, squishy fat rolls to love on! You move around pretty much all the time and we can see you contorting your body from the outside. You seem to like to curl up in a ball, butt straight up, directly above my right hip bone. This makes for an odd looking stomach when I am trying to lay out on the boat. You also get irritated with me when I am on the computer...if it is anywhere near my stomach you kick it with full force...seems like my days of Facebooking, blogging, and internet browsing will soon be long gone. Its okay, I think you will provide me with better entertainment! Keep baking, buddy, we are 2/3 of the way there!
Not a lot went on this week, just missing the kitties like crazy. Apparently they were shocked when the hit the blistering heat and humidity of NC and did NOT want to spend more than a couple minutes outside. However, they are morons and forget how hot it is within a few minutes and beg to go outside again.
Your father came home with an AWESOME gift for me on Tuesday, he brought me the Canon Rebel T2i SLR camera that I've been wanting!! Both Tricia and Sam have it and take BEAUTIFUL pictures, I am always envious when I see their photos and knew that I wanted something of that quality before you make your grand appearance. I was hoping to have it before we left Ft. Lewis so that I can go out on the lake and take a picture of Mt Rainier that will be blown up, matted, framed, and hung in our house. Now we just have to wait for a sunny day! I also want to use it at our baby showers and on our cross country road trip. I am very excited that we will be taking a different route than Franny and I did, I love seeing new things! I will post some pictures that I take with it soon!
Tuesday was the busiest day, for sure. I woke up and your dad and I headed over to the parade field to watch Julia's, his cousin's, fiance graduate from ROTC and commission as a 2LT in the Army. He had quite the entourage, as he is prior service and a combat veteran. He looked very happy and we were so glad to be part of his special day. After the commissioning I headed over to the hospital for my 1 hour glucose test, it wasn't bad. I have heard horror stories about the stuff that I would have to drink, but it was cold and it went down pretty quickly, about 3 gulps to be exact. The worst part was the blood draw...we all know how much I love needles. I will get the results back on Tuesday at my last appointment here at Ft Lewis. I'm not too worried about it though, usually gestational diabetes comes with rapid weight gain or massive babies and my weight gain has been relatively slow and minimal. There are exceptions to the rule, but even if it comes back positive I will just have to do a 3 hour glucose test and hope that I pass that one. But like I said, I am not too worried about it.
Your beautiful crib came yesterday, my mom bought it for us and, of course, I am DYING to set it up...but that would be pointless here so I am just going to have to wait until we get to our new home to do it. I suppose I can wait one more month. For the time being the website photo will have to suffice!
| It converts to a toddler bed and a full sized bed! The changing table detaches and turns into a bedside table. Don't worry, your walls WILL NOT be pink! |
Workouts: I busted my butt with Sybil on M/W/F and your dad even joined in on Friday! I also did a bit of wakesurfing and wakeboarding on Sunday.
Cravings: Chocolate and fruit, doesn't matter what kind of fruit...any will do!
Symptoms: My back is starting to hurt after strenuous activity and the SPD flares up too. But really nothing other than that...and looking like a whale.
I am happy to say that we have reached the point where if you were born now you have a 90% chance of survival! That's pretty comforting to know, but feel free to stay in there until October. Happy growing, little dude!
Edit: Here are some photos that your dad took of me with the new camera. They are another rare set of belly shots that will be posted!
Love,
Your Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment