Monday, July 25, 2011

29 Weeks: Closing Casa Carlson

Hey there Baby C,

I know that I am a bit late in updating, but the week has been insane and we were without cable and Internet starting on Wednesday...and I was not about to update from my phone. I am currently sitting in Barnes and Noble on my iPad, so this will be relatively short and without pictures...at least until we make it to California.

Like I said before, this week has been absolutely insane, I was close to tears at times, and also close to murdering people, but I refrained from both which is probably best for all parties. A guy from the moving company stopped by on Monday to survey our stuff and informed me that the packers and movers would be coming on wednesday. The packers/movers started their enormous task early Wednesday morning and got a lot done, they were very professional and friendly and I will recommend them to anyone PCSing away from the Ft Lewis area. They spent until about 5:30 on Wednesday and 6:30 on Thursday at the house carefully packing things and then putting them in ue wooden crates in a the truck. Thursday, Enough stuff was out of the house that I was able to follow them around and start the detailed cleaning of the house. By Friday afternoon everything was out of the house and I was 90% done with the cleaning, which was a huge relief, but my back was in excruciating pain, I could hardly stand, and my hands, feet, and ankles were massively swollen.

Your wonderful grandparents arrived on Friday and took us out to dinner, it was nice and relaxing, but I was so miserable that it was hard to be myself. They are driving our cars down to California and letting us tow the boat with their big truck, we are so thankful for their help. They took off this morning to start their trip, so we are only a couple of days on their tails.

On Saturday we took a much needed break and headed out to the lake with our neighbors. It s a gorgeous day and the water felt amazing. We then returned for showers and met your grandparents for dinner. This morning the carpet cleaner came and took care of the carpets while we finished the last bit of cleaning. We are now officially done with the house, we just have the final walkthrough tomorrow and our first home together will officially not be ours anymore. We concluded the night with a nice rib and potato dinner with our neighbors and had to say goodbyes once again. It's always so difficult to say goodbye, but it tends to be easier when you are the ones leaving and not being left behind.

Before I wrap up with my usual I need to thank several people for their help and hospitality over the last week.
Angie and Mark Kloiber-thank you for opening your home to us with such welcoming arms, even when you are not here. It was so nice to be able to come to a clean and welcoming home when the chaos of the day was over. You guys are wonderful friends!
Alicia and Bryan White-thank you for e wonderful going away dinner, the use of all of your tools, your help and moral support cleaning, and the relaxing day on the boat. And who can forget the beer? We have really enjoyed getting to know you guys and wish that we had started our friendship earlier, hopefully we will see you again in the near future.
Vicki and Ray Carlson-thank you for taking the time to drive up here and give us the opportunity to ride together, for the use of your car, and for dealing with the flat tire on your way home. We love you and are so thankful for your support and help!
sybil Norberg-thank you for keeping me in wonderful shape, encouraging me, and pushing me. Yur studio has been z wonderful outlet for my stress and I am so happy that I am in such great shape at this point in my pregnancy. I will miss you so much, but will try to take with me everything that you have taught me.

Workouts: training with Sybil on m/w/f and cleaning on th/f/su, wakeboarding on saturday.

Cravings: anything sweet, but mostly fruit.

Symptoms: backache, SPD, and massively swollen hands, ankles, and feet from overdoing it.

Love,

Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment