Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Throwback...Tuesday?? ONE YEAR!

One year ago today ended 18 months of separation for Brian and I.  At 10pm he landed at Sea-Tac international and I was waiting at the gate.  I was a complete ball of nerves and every 10 minute delay felt like an eternity.  Brian was near the back of the plane and I thought that I might have a heart attack as I watched each passenger that wasn't him disembark.  As soon as I saw him my eyes flooded with tears, I rushed to him leaping into his arms (blocking the only exit route for the rest of the passengers), and sobbed uncontrollably.  The sense of relief that I felt, that no other long periods of separation were looming, was overwhelming.  

I had been informed 1 month before his return from Korea that he would be leaving for Afghanistan shortly after our wedding.  Luckily, we were able to enjoy about 6 weeks together before he left, but I was in Florida and he was in Washington, so after his 20 days of leave we only saw each other on weekends.   This past year has been absolutely incredible and it has been nice to not have to worry about goodbyes.

Thank you for a wonderful year, my love!

Here is the blog post that I made one year ago: He's on His Way!
Here are some pictures for your enjoyment!

My pass to meet him at the gate!
C'mon...no more delays...you're killing me here!
Here they come!
Anxiously waiting

Ok...where is my husband?!
Oh!  There he is!
And I lost it
Best.Hug.Ever.





So so happy!
Never letting go
Welcome home, Babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment