Hey Baby C,

This week as been wonderful and terrible at the same time, but we will get to that in a minute. First off, your growth.
My phone still says that you are the size of an eggplant, just a bigger one. You have now broken the 2lb mark and the one foot mark. You are about 14 or 15 inches long and are starting to accumulate fat so that you. You are also starting to "breathe" amniotic fluid to help prepare for breathing air. This week was really fun because a few days ago your Dad woke up while I was still sleeping and put his hand over you. He said you reacted to his touch and started your own dance party in there. He thought it was really cool, he even woke me up to tell me how active you were. I'm glad that he can experience you in all your womb party glory. We are almost to the third trimester, little dude!
This week was good and very busy, but it also had its sad side too. On Saturday, my Aunt Kris, who was in Portland and touring OR and WA came up to our house and we had lunch at this great little place on the water called Anthony's. It was an awesome sunny day, the food was delicious, and the company was wonderful. After lunch we came back to the house and changed before heading out on the boat, it was just too beautiful of a day to pass up the opportunity. After a few hours of boating your father and I ran to the grocery while Aunt Kris and Gary showered and changed, we then all helped to prepare a wonderful meal of salad, steak, corn on the cob, garlic bread, and freshly cut pineapple. We were all thoroughly stuffed after dinner and ready to crash, so after chatting a bit we all headed to bed. We enjoyed a nice breakfast of omelets, bacon, and orange juice the next morning before Kris and Gary departed for Seattle and we headed out for another gorgeous day on the boat. I was able to meet up with them one last time on Monday evening before they had to fly back to Indiana. I headed down to Portland and we ate a Jake's Famous Crawfish for another spectacular meal. Of course I got the crawfish boil...something I have been waiting for for a year and a half.
On Tuesday I had another meeting for the All Ranks Ball that will be in October (we will not be attending) before rushing home to get the house cleaned up for a showing. After a few hours of cleaning and preparing I headed back to post for your Dad's promotion ceremony. After waiting 3 long years I was finally able to pin (or velcro) his new rank on him! It was fun and I was so glad that I could be there for it! It was also fun to see various soldiers get awards for their hard work. When I returned home the realtor was already at the house and had started the showing. Thankfully, the people that she showed the house to liked it and will be renting it, so we are done with the showings!
 |
| 2-17 Formation |
 |
1LTs being promoted to CPT
I am starting to look like a house...no judgement please! |
 |
| LTC Bernardoni stripping Brian of his current rank |
 |
| "Pinning" Brian as CPT Carlson! |
 |
| Replacing his cover |
 |
| We are both pretty happy! |
 |
| I am obviously totally unaware of my friend taking pictures...who I asked to take pictures...pregnancy brain... |
 |
Besides Brian looking pretty good I notice 2 things about this photo
1. My hair was not looking good in the wind
2. I need new make-up because it looks like I'm not wearing any and I am
NOT one of those girls that can go without makeup |
Thursday, I ran a lot of errands during the day, made airplane reservations for the cats, and we worked on some move stuff. We also had our friends, Tricia and Chris, over for dinner. Tricia and the kids will be gone this evening, Chris will be back for a short time after the long weekend, so we needed to say our goodbyes last night. They were our first friends here and Tricia helped me get through the deployment. We have had so many fun times in this past year and a half and I had a horrible time saying goodbye. We will get to see them when we pass through California, but I still completely lost it when they left. Tricia was my first official Army wife friend, she was there to help me through a really rough time in my life, and we went through a lot of ups and downs together. I absolutely LOVE her kids and loved taking them when she needed to get some stuff done. I am going to miss them so so much.
 |
| Great friends...we are going to miss you!! |
Friday did not have such a stellar start, I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the post goodbye blues or what, but the sun is shining, so we will be heading to the boat shortly. I woke up with a migraine and a gnarley charlie horse in my calf. When my calf spasmed it looked super ripped though! Shortly after falling back asleep, or trying to at least, your Dad called me to let me know that he had run out of gas on the way to work. I pulled my sorry butt out of bed and took our little 1 gallon gas can to him so that he could make it to a gas station. When I came home I was able to zonk back out for another few hours. I am feeling much better now and ready to enjoy the sun!
Workouts: Wakeboarding/wakesurfing on Saturday and Sunday, training with Sybil on M/W/F. I was also chosen to be client of the month for my hard work! YAY! I will be pimping out Sybil and Impact Fitness in my next blog.
 |
| Walking the undulating ropes through the TRX jungle...notice my monkey toes wrapped around the rope |
 |
| The finger pointing towards the sky is my signature balance check |
 |
| My favorite TRX exercise...still can't get completely vertical...Baby C enjoys it too! |
 |
| See...I really do work out! |
Cravings: None really, still citrus
Symptoms: I'm feeling like a house. Total weight gain of 6lbs. SPD is back in full swing.
Love,
Your Mama
only 6 lbs you are doing good. and i promise you dont look like a house no matter what you feel like
ReplyDelete