 |
| 1 Week: October 11 |
Our first week started out rough, but had a wonderful end. Once we got home it was like living in a different world. My stress level plummeted and I caught up on sleep. I also lost 22lbs (only 8 more to go!) and my swelling subsided significantly, so I am feeling WONDERFUL.
On Friday we came home to a spotless house thanks to my awesome mother. She somehow managed to get rid of all the dust in the house, cleaned cat hair, did laundry, went grocery shopping, and even bought some stuff to help finish off the decorating of the house. It looked amazing and I don't know where to even begin thanking her. She also put some halloween decorations outside and some welcome home stuff so that our homecoming was special. Holy cow I am lucky, I hope that I can be half the mom that she is. Shortly after coming home she had to run to the airport to pick up Maddi who was visiting for the weekend. It was nice to be able to spend the weekend with her, but it went by far too quickly.
Here are some photos of us leaving the hospital/coming home!
 |
| Please excuse the swelling and lack of make-up |
 |
| Snug as a bug! |
 |
| PEACE OUT REYNOLDS!!! |
 |
| Couldn't be happier to be getting out of there! |
 |
| He's a champ in the car |
 |
| Welcome home, Little Guy! |
 |
| Getting ready to go into the house for the first time! |
 |
| Welcome to your room |
 |
| First time in his bed |
We spent Saturday watching football and Maddi showed Mikey how to cheer for the Terps. He even sported his Maryland onsie for the game. We really didn't do much, Maddi had to study for midterms and I was still catching up on missed sleep, so we all hung out in front of the TV.
Sunday morning we got up early and headed into Lawton to do some newborn photos. It was kind of rough, the time that we scheduled for ended up being right around Mikey's feeding time, so he was somewhat cranky and uncooperative, but we did get some good photos. I'll post the ones that we end up purchasing. A sneek peek slideshow can be seen on my Facebook page. My mom had to take Maddi to the airport while we were still shooting and she ended up getting back right as we finished. We were all exhausted from the morning, so we headed home for lunch and to nap. We spent the rest of the day relaxing and my wonderful mother ended up cleaning the entire house again and doing mounds of laundry. I don't know what we would have done without her here.
Monday and Tuesday were lazy days as well, we did manage to get some walks in though. It felt great to get moving again, I can't wait until I can run! Wednesday, we had to take my mom to the airport to go home...it was very sad and I didn't want her to leave. She was so helpful and key in us getting rested so that we could be good parents. She loves Mikey so much and its clear, she has such a way with kids and babies and he loves her a lot too. She worked her ass off while she was here, cooking, cleaning, laundry, changing diapers, keeping up with her own work from home, she's kind of like superwoman! Mom, I don't know how I will ever thank you for all of your help!
 |
| So in love |
 |
| Enjoying the new rockers (Thanks Mom, they are great!) |
 |
| Trying to give her a little smile |
After we dropped her off at the airport we took Mikey on his first shopping trip, he was WONDERFUL! Not a peep out of him. We also went out to dinner since we were in OKC and there are actual restaurants there. Again, not a peep out of him, he's such a good boy! He also slept the entire hour and a half to and from OKC. We are so lucky!
In other news...the furbabies are adjusting very well to having a baby in the house. KC comes RUNNING from outside if she hears him cry, but kind of keeps her distance in the house. Chloe on the other hand...well, I think that she thinks that Mikey is her baby. She snuggles on the boppy with him, she meows and gets upset if he's crying (which is really only when he's getting changed), and she sleeps in her kitty bed right next to him...she absolutely LOVES him! Its the cutest thing!
 |
| My furbaby and my baby snuggling in the boppy (I swear I have pants on) |
Once I start some real workouts I will post them and we can see my SHRINKING process! This is one that I am very excited for! For now...here's what we have to work with!
 |
| 1 Week postpartum |
Here are some photos from the week (We couldn't find the camera charger for a few days so I'll have to steal some good ones from my mom and sister when I get the chance):
 |
| Post bath snuggles |
 |
| Deep in conversation |
 |
| Snuggle time |
Here are some fabulous photos that will be wedding worthy in 20 some years. I love my little guy and his wacky faces!
 |
| You are definitely your father's son! |
 |
| Brian thinks that he's more fun to mess with than the cats...oh Lord! |
No comments:
Post a Comment