Hey little...or not so little buddy,
YOU'RE HERE! You were born Tuesday, October 4 at 9:53am weighing in at 9lbs 6oz and measuring 21.5 in long! Yes, you are a big boy and I will have the scars to prove it...and I'm not talking c-section scars...
Here's the long story made short:
Early Saturday morning I started having a slow amniotic fluid leak. Being the sweater that I am, I brushed it off as sweat seeing how I have been extra hot lately. I noticed the same "sweat Sunday morning and Monday morning. Apparently I am one of those people that doesn't feel contractions...because I was having them. Anyways...Monday evening as we were watching DWTS I got up for a trip to the bathroom and my shorts were wet. I knew I wasn't THAT sweaty. After making sure that I had not peed myself and some advice from my mom, I called labor and delivery. They said I should probably come in. So at about 9:30 pm we headed to the hospital. Sure enough, it was amniotic fluid...so I was staying. Because we could not be sure of when the amniotic sac ruptured they wanted you out ASAP. They immediately started me on pitocin...I still felt no contractions. Minutes later I had my epidural in place and they cranked the pitocin even more. This all went down around 11-11:30pm. I stayed awake the entire night and you finally made your grand entrance at 9:53am after about 6-8 sets of pushes (thank you, Sybil, for my abs. I needed them) and me being carved like a thanksgiving turkey. I'll be having some words with the doctor or his supervisor. I threw up pretty much immediately after getting to hold you and spend the better part of the day feeling like I have been dragged behind a bus over shards of glass. It was a brutal day, but so worth it.
Pictures and the long version of the story will be up once we get home.
Love,
Your Mama
Congratulations sweety and welcome Michael to the world!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Aunt Lindsey