Since the beginning of time (or at least as long as I can remember) the North Carolina State Fair has come to Raleigh around my birthday. I haven't been in Raleigh during the fair in years, so needless to say, I was totally thrilled that I would not only get to go this year, but I would get to take Mikey. Sure, it was a little different in that I didn't spend way too much money on stupid games, rides, or fried food...but it was still a blast.
We decided to go early Sunday morning, which was a good thing and a bad. Many people flock to the fair on the weekends, so I knew it would probably be pretty busy, but I had plans later in the week and was probably not going to get another chance to go. We headed out right as the fair was opening, so we got to walk about and people watch for a bit before jumping on a few rides and grabbing some fried food. We skipped breakfast at home so that we could grab a delicious sausage biscuit once we got there. It did not disappoint, it was scrumptious. We then found the giant fried food tent. They were heating up their oil so we took a few minutes to walk around before returning to enjoy some deep fried Mac n Cheese. I had every intention of coming back for some fried pickles, oreos, reeses, and cheese. You can get pretty much anything deep fried! Unfortunately, after we hit some rides the fair got packed and I could hardly maneuver the tricycle. Mikey started getting kinda fussy and the crowd was making me nuts, so we decided it was time to head home for a nap.
Its kinda scary that at 1 year old my child was only 1 inch too short to ride all the kiddie rides alone. This is definitely a way different childhood than I experienced. I was always incredibly short...too short to ride the rides and always wanted to ride the scariest ones. I guess Mikey won't be having that problem, lucky guy (and lucky Mom, bc I'll have a ride buddy!). We rode a bumble bee ride that went up and down and also rode little cars that were on a train track. He didn't seem too enthused by either ride. There was really no reaction out of him. I guess we will have to wait til he's big enough to ride some roller coasters! I didn't take many pictures since the place was so packed and most of the people at the fair appear incredibly dirty (so I was unwilling to hand my camera to someone to take a photo of us). Here's what I got!
 |
| Mikey's first Fair ride |
 |
| Flying |
 |
| all the fried food you could dream of! |
No comments:
Post a Comment