Thursday, October 25, 2012

Topsail Beach

Several weeks ago a friend of mine, Katie, sent me a message to see if I would like to spend a few days at the beach with her and her grandparents.  Unfortunately, I could not stay the whole time, but I was able to go for 3 days and it was awesome!  Katie is one of my oldest friends and her mom is one of the people that I am running my Marathon in memory of.  Katie and I have been friends for 20 years!  CRAZY!

Katie's grandparents rented a beach house on the south end of Topsail.  Katie took a red eye flight from CA and arrived Wednesday morning and Mikey and I headed down there after his nap that same day.  We were able to hang out on the beach for a little bit and catch up.  We don't talk all that often when we aren't around each other, but we pick up right where we left off when we are together.  It was so much fun hearing about all of her summer adventures.  Katie is a bit of a travel junkie and spent the summer out of the country.  She also runs ridiculous races in some really cool places so I got to see photos from her adventures.  We all had dinner after Mikey went to bed and spent some time chatting.  Since we were all exhausted we hit the sack relatively early.  The next day we went for a walk on the beach and Katie's grandparents watched Mikey while we ran some errands and went shopping.  This was a special treat for me because my mom had been out of town all week and I needed a break from him.  When we got back to the house I was absolutely refreshed.  We went out for a nice dinner that night, but Mikey decided he was no longer going to be my angel baby when we go out to eat.  He spent most of dinner screaming and squirming.  I am hoping that it was because it was past his dinner and bed times.

On Friday we spent more time on the beach and took what is probably our last swim in the ocean for a while.  It felt so good and was a wonderful escape from the humidity (for some reason it was 80 and humid).  After we were finished at the beach we went back to the house, showered, and packed up the car to head home.  We made the 2.5 hour trek back home, had dinner, I put Mikey to bed and then started packing for our road trip up to DC later that night!










































































































No comments:

Post a Comment