Yes...I know...it makes me sound desperate, but for some reason I have not had the easiest time making friends out here. Not so much because I'm being picky, but moreso because there are not many spouses out here to make friends with. Add to the mix that Brian really doesn't belong anywhere (which translates to no FRG or coffee group for me to get involved in) and you have a recipe for a difficult time meeting people. My one friend that is out here works full time, goes to school, and has a toddler to tend to, so I haven't seen a lot of her lately. If Brian was on a normal work schedule I would be dying of boredom.
I belong to a Facebook group (that used to be a yahoo group) that is basically a network of wives, fiancees, and girlfriends of West Point grads that has been surprisingly helpful. I met most of my good friends out in WA through the group (I miss you guys) and have been hoping to find someone, anyone from the group that is here in OK. I know a few people that roll through here for CCC, but they all leave after about 6 months. Since we got back from NC I don't really know anyone here and I was starting to get sad. Thankfully, a few of the girls from the Facebook group got in touch with me because they were coming out here! YAY! They both just got here and I met one of them on Saturday and the other today. Sarah and her family just got here from Germany they have a little girl a few months older than Mikey. They were able to play together and we were able to sit and chat while enjoying a few beers. It was so much fun! Not to mention that Mikey and Sarah's daughter were adorable together. If all goes well they will be our neighbors in a few short days!
The other girl from the group was coming here from Korea with her husband. They got here about a week ago and she posted in the group on Friday asking if anyone here wanted to get together. I, of course, jumped at the opportunity to meet some people! We planned lunch for today and it was so nice! I even learned that Morgan and her husband are actually stationed here and not just for CCC. She won't be leaving me in 6 months!!! One other girl, who is here with her husband for CCC, came too. She has a little boy who is a year older than Mikey so we decided to take them to the playground afterwards. The boys got along beautifully, the men got along beautifully, and we really clicked. I feel like I have clicked really well with all of the people I have met over the past few days and look forward to playdates, dinner dates, working out together, and just having friends in general! So a huge thank you to Morgan for posting about getting together! Can't wait to see you ladies again soon!!
No comments:
Post a Comment