Sunday, September 11, 2011

36 Weeks: Welcome to Casa Carlson 2.0

Hey little dude!

You are now the size of a watermelon and putting increasing strain on my back.  I can't do a whole heck of a lot without having a whole lot of back pain, but I know its not for much longer, so I guess I can deal with it.

We are now what I would consider "settled" into our new house, but we have about one more day's worth of putting stuff away to do, so there are no pictures to share yet.  I know I am late in updating, but I'll do a quick recap of the week and then save the lengthy stuff for later.

The big news is that we got out of the hotel and into our house on Wednesday.  The movers showed up around 9:30 am and were pretty darn good.  They weren't too thrilled with the fact that I asked them to unpack everything, but that is the beauty of an Army move...you can make them unpack all the boxes and take away all of the packing materials.  No box fortress for me this time!  They brought more and more people over throughout the day because they were not expecting to have to do so much work.  I was slightly irritated that the woman unpacking my stuff kept stepping outside to smoke and then returning and immediately opening boxes full of clothes.  Needless to say that all of the clothes smell like cigarette smoke.  They left just before dinner time and we got just enough work done to sleep in our bed.  I didn't sleep well because of the mess, but that was good motivation to get stuff done on Thursday.

Your dad started work on Wednesday, but just had to check in and was back to help me supervise after that.   He started for real on Thursday and had to be up at o'dark thirty.  I spent the better part of the morning organizing chaos, basically making it easier to find our way through the mounds of stuff that came out of the boxes.  I had my doubts that all of the furniture would fit, but by some act of God it did!  When your dad got home he took a good long nap and then had to go back into work for another couple hours.  When he was done for the day it was onto organizing chaos once again.  I washed pretty much all of our clothes, your clothes, and the dishes and found places for all of them.  I got the kitchen cleaned up and organized too so that we could eat dinner!  We still don't have the dining room finished, so we have been eating on the couch, but I guess its okay to be hobos every now and then.

I was hoping to have the house organized enough on Friday to post some pictures, but it didn't happen.  My body literally cannot take the endless hours of cleaning and organizing like it could when I got to Ft Lewis.  My ankles balloon up and my hands swell pretty badly too, so I've got to work for about an hour and then chill for an hour.  It makes for a slow process, but its going significantly quicker with the help of your father.

Really, the whole week consisted of moving stuff and assembling baby furniture, not much else.  Like I said, we have about one full days worth of work to do before the house is completely done, so hopefully I'll get some pictures up by mid week!

Love,

Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment