Sunday, September 4, 2011

35 Weeks: Show Me the Way to Go Home

Hey Little Guy,

Surprise surprise...I'm late at updating again!  Maybe I'll actually get it on time for 36 weeks.  Life has still been a bit on the crazy side.  We are still living in a hotel even though we have signed the lease for our house.  I'm not even really sure what has happened since I last updated because it all seems blurred together.  If I have the energy and patience by the end of this post I will do a couple picture posts to share what all has gone on since we left WA.

In your growing department, you are now the size of a large cantaloupe and weighing in around 6 lbs.  You are probably around 21 or 22 inches, so you would be perfectly fine on the outside of me.  Feel free to hang out for about 2 more weeks and then come see your pretty room.  I'd like to be able to eat a full meal without feeling like I'm going to split in half again pretty soon.

I think I left off with Monday, so I'll pick up from there.  On Tuesday we visited another real estate place after looking at several houses.  All of the houses we viewed were disgusting and over priced.  The housing here is less than desirable and the town is gross too...for those of you from NC, think the main drag in Jacksonville and think $1300 a month for any kind of decent living.  We were totally not willing to live in a crappy house, in a crappy part of town, for almost the same amount we were paying in WA.  For those of you who saw where we lived in WA, you know we were in a great location close to a lot of stuff, pretty spacious house (for 2 people especially), and the house was really new and spanking clean when we moved in.  So anyways, when we finally made our last stop of the day we got a few leads on some houses that seemed like they might work, but we couldn't view them until the next day because I had to go in for my 32 week appointment that was 2 weeks past due (oops).

Everything went well at the doctors appointment, I am right at my goal weight, so I just have to make it a few more weeks with the same gain rate and I'll be golden.  I was aiming to only gain about 25lbs with this whole deal and I am at 20 right now, so if I continue the projected 1lb a week until you arrive I will be a happy camper.  Anyways, on Wednesday we went and checked out the newest prospects.  The first 2 houses we went to see were in a town called Geronimo...its about 15 miles from post and let me describe the drive out there.  You exit the highway and pass some cows.  Then you pass some more cows, and when you see this big bronze bubble (the high school) you know you are in Geronimo.  So you make the turn and pass some more cows and a neighborhood pops up out of nowhere.  The houses are fairly new...there is 1 gas station and nothing else there.  Everyone knows each other and you can't set up your utilities by phone...its going to be quite the experience for me.  The people are very friendly though, and the town seems really safe, so I think it will be a good experience.  So we looked at two houses out there and they were both very cute.  There were some things we liked about each house and we didn't really know which one we wanted.  The only problem was the price they were asking for rent...it was the same as what we were paying in WA...the houses are older (though not by much), smaller, and the location is not exactly convenient.  We decided on a price that we were willing to pay, told the realtor, and she called the home owner to see if he would accept that price or something close.  He agreed without hesitation!  So we got one house and are hoping that some of our friends will take the other, because they are literally about 20 yards from each other.

On Thursday we signed the lease, but our household goods could not be delivered for a week...so we are still in the hotel :-(  The good thing is that we were able to paint your room and get the utilities set up.  We did our walkthrough of the house and it DID NOT pass the Marianna inspection.  I expected to move into a house as clean as the one that we left in WA.  I worked my tail off and my ankles ballooned in preparing that house and I was not about to do that amount of cleaning again.  I also noted every little nick and dent in the walls, floors, etc.  When we told them that the cleaning was not satisfactory they came out to inspect and agreed, so an individual whom I have been referring to as "Bubba", but his real name is Cowboy, came out to clean.  He did some on Thursday and came back with his wife on Friday.  The internet guy also came on Friday...him and Cowboy knew each other and discussed how they should have ridden together.  It was funny.

Here are some photos of the house...empty of course:

The front

Coming through the front door looking at the living room

Looking at the laundry room...perfect for the Cat Genie!

Laundry room

Master Bedroom...its already the right color!


Mater Bathroom


not only do we have his and hers sinks...

but...

we have his and hers closets too!!

Living room...already wired for surround sound that goes to the patio too

Dining Room

Kitchen...no more grouted counter tops!!!

Hallway with media closet, guest bathroom, and guest bedrooms

Baby C's room...notice that the only stuff in the house belongs to the baby

Baby C's closet...complete with Svetlana

Guest Bathroom

Guest bedroom/office



Back patio

Backyard...they clearly don't care about having green grass here...WOOHOO!
On Friday we obtained written permission to paint your room (and we don't have to paint it back!) so we headed to Home Depot to pick out some paint!  I chose a beautiful blue because it will look awesome with your cute little froggy bedding and because its Carolina Blue!  DUH!  We got the room painted and it looks AWESOME with your stuff!  I did a little bit, but since you aren't really supposed to inhale paint fumes while growing a fetus I let your Dad and Grandparents do the majority.  I inspected when they were done and told them what they needed to touch up.  I forgot to mention that your grandparents drove our other car from CA to here so that we wouldn't have to spend the money on shipping.  It was so nice of them and such a relief!

Here are some photos of the painting process:




Cheers!

First strokes!

I love painting...I want to do the whole house

Supervising


Getting there


All done...and maybe a little high from the paint fumes

Happy to be done...way to go Dad!
Saturday we headed to OKC (because that is the closest place that has any real type of shopping) to take advantage of the Labor Day Weekend Sales going on at Babies R Us.  We came away with a bunch of feeding supplies, diapers, wipes, diaper genie supplies, and your pack 'n' play that matches your car seat and swing.  I also ordered a bunch of your stuff online including...THE BOB!!!  It should be here Wednesday!  I might have peed my pants a little when I made the purchase, I am so darn excited!

Ok...I'm starting to dip into week 36...so I will wrap it up there!  Hopefully I will have some pictures of a furnished house to share on Friday!!

Workouts: None...house hunting

Cravings:  Fruit

Symptoms:  grouchy from the heat, swelling from the heat...the heat here is horrible.

Love,

Your Mama

*Yeah...it took me 2 hours to upload 30 pictures because the internet is so slow...so my picture heavy post will have to wait*

1 comment:

  1. Hey, make sure you take pictures of the house's dents, nicks and even messed up blinds. A lot of rental agencies will try to screw you (esp if you're military in NC). Our last rental agency tried to do that (claimed we owed them $2000 in repair) but we had the pictures to prove that the damage was there prior to our moving in.
    -franny

    ReplyDelete